Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yellow Fellow!


November days can be really dull and gloomy. Grey and foggy weather, cold air, it's still dark when I get up early in the morning, it's night already when I leave the office. In a nutshell: These days I suffer of a considerable lack of light! I assume most of you living in similar climate zones can relate to this. Thus, I can't help but think of one colour: Yellow! So, I decided to become a 'yellow fellow'. It's amazing how this colour can bring sunlight, warmth and - yes, you guessed right - happiness to every home and place, interior or exterior. Whether it's a yellow painting, a yellow cushion, a few honey-coloured bowls or a yellow feature wall - it's that easy to boost my energy and happiness. While typing this blog post I am looking around in my apartment - currently I have a bunch of yellow flowers, yellow bed linens and a yellow dominated art print by Berlin based illustrator Olaf Hajek. Yes, I definitely am a 'yellow fellow'!

Photography: Melbourne pic via CubaGallery; pencils via thesetingstaketime; heart on wall via Design is Mine; yellow chair via weekdaycarnival; sidetable via sfgirlbybay; yellow deco setting via oh hello friend; yellow heater via Apartment Therapy; vase via Anthropologie; yellow desk and floral painting via Julie Hendriks Schilderijen; yellow painted wall via Desire to Inspire; yellow painting via mydesignchic

12 comments :

  1. I ove the look of yellow, but I don't think I actually own anything yellow. Oh, except my house! But I want to paint it grey. The kitchen is also yellow...not a fan of that either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, you live in Brisbane, Australia. I guess you have enough sunshine - so no need for more yellow. Unlike here, I either need more sun or yellow decor:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great images Igor- and yes, very needed on these dark days of Fall/Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little yellow typewriter is the cutest!

    I did a little digging and made a happy discovery! Yellow often indicates a person with intelligence who has a warm, playful and generally cheerful personality. Sometimes yellow also indicates intellectual energy.

    If the shoe fits, Igor .......... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chi, how come you know me that well?:-) thank you:-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Yellow Fellow! I am 100% with you on this - such a happy, energising and playful hue. Great for accent pieces, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Will & Adrian:-) To get support from super creative minds like the two of you is beyond cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...that fourth photo (and the last) made me swoon. And I love what you found out, Chi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popped over from the BYW list and am loving a) the positive vibe that is just all over this blog -thanks for bringing some sunshine to my day!

    and b) yellow! I'm a huge yellow fan. More sunshine! I painted my office yellow and love it. Yellow is supposed to be a color that stimulates productivity (apparently that's why Post-Its are yellow), but I also find that it makes my office/creating room very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know the Sunnysideup looves the yellow fellow post! I was feeling the same way about the weather myself and have been looking for bits of sunshine everywhere. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yellow is the happiest color ever! Nice blog and emotional pictures which make me smile)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...