Today I am thinking of an urban retreat - a small downtown apartment, illuminated during night by neon signs, filled with city sounds, busy downstairs with a little café and the local corner shop. Even though this can seem rather stressful to some, for me it is sheer bliss and my daily life. I do love some days off at the countryside, but for my daily life I am still drawn to downtown locations and notoriously too small apartments. So today's five happy inspirations are all about an urban lifestyle for people like you and me!
1. How about a sleek desk with a concrete tabletop by Paulsberg? I can so see a cool iMac on this desk!
2. Small urban apartments call for smart storage solutions. So here we go with a quirky book-bike-shelf combination as seen on Diet Coke And A Smoke Tumblr.
3. I can't go without colour. So how about a dash of vibrant colours on this snazzy illustration by Society6?
4. For a cool stool I'd travel the world. Luckily, with the internet they come to me. Like this gem - the Y stool by New Zealand based designer Tim Webber.
5. Speaking of cosmopolitan home decor: Here we go with an eye-turner floor lamp called Tinga by Toronto based graphic designer Tahir Mahmood.