Thursday, November 3, 2011

New Book: The Perfectly Imperfect Home

Yesterday I was so excited when I got a little book parcel delivered to my office. I knew what's in there - the brand new book by former Domino Magazine founding editor Deborah Needleman: The Perfectly Imperfect Home. Ever since I've heard of the book, I was so drawn to it due to this adorable and - yes - happy title. I've always considered my home perfectly imperfect, too. At least to me. I guess many of us do so. Hence, ordering the book was complimentary.


I spent yesterday evening musing from page to page and loved the unique idea of visualising the book's content solely with watercolour illustrations (by Virginia Johnson).  It makes this book stand out from a visual point of view - yet you don't feel a lack of actual photography since the illustrations seem to perfectly work with the idea of a (perfectly) imperfect home. 

Even the contents bear a unique signature by Deborah Needleman. It covers certain room types (Places for Chatting, Bath As a Room, etc.) but also overarching interior design topics with quirky titles (such as Cozifications, Glamifications, etc.). Moreover, brief helping sections entitled 'This is how' or 'Nice to know' offer further information and practical tips to add a little something to your perfectly imperfect home! 
Photography by Igor Josifovic

By the way: The book starts with a beautiful quote: "Style is luxury, and luxury is simply what makes you happy." Need I say more?

20 comments :

  1. That quote sums it all up!

    I have just poped onto amazon to order the book. Looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so worth the money, Oliver! And the quote simply caught me at first sight:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quote was written for you Igor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting books in the mail is by far the best thing...besides great blogs of course ;) These photos are amazing...especially the last one! Where did you get those candle holders?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kinga:-) thank you and I totally agree regarding books in the mail:-) the candle holders are from BoConcept. Aren't they just happy?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't the book fab?! I love the illustrations and it made me wish I was more talented with a paintbrush and pencil. Sadly, my illustrative skills stopped abruptly when I achieved the ability to draw a stick man!

    P.S. Where are you FAB0 candleholders from, Mr? xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Will: They are from BoConcept - I love them:-) And yes, the book's illustrations are amazing. Such a lovely book to add to the private library:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Igor!
    First time here, your blog is great.
    Now, about this post, that quote is perfect.
    This book is on my list, too.
    Hugs from Brasil
    Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obrigado Tereza!!! Happy you like my blog & the book! Hugs from Munich, Igor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sneak peek Igor! I cherish my Domino mags so much! It's nice to hear what the creatives behind that great magazine are up to. Those illustrations would be great to hang as art around your imperfectly perfect home too :)
    Cheers,

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great images- now I have to go get this book!
    (happy to find you via byw)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a novel way to illustrate a book! It's all the more charming because we live in such a digital age.

    It would certainly be a great-looking companion for my Domino book. :)

    Thanks for sharing, Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply love the quote.. I am 'promoting' a simple home for years on my blog.. It can make you very happy and content to see beautiy in simple things.. Waheeee for an uncomplicated life!

    Happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Desiree, your home is not simple - you home is simply stunning!!! I so wish I had your talent of actually turning a home into such a stylish place! YOU inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH! I've been wanting to get that book, I love when design and fashion books incorporate illustrations :) Love your dreamy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great whimsical illustrations. Thanks for letting us peek into this delightful book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this book!! Your blog is so good, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @simplygrove WOW, thank you Kirsten, that is such an honour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post Igor! Your photos and layouts are so so beautiful and I truly enjoyed the quote: "In my perfectly imperfect home":))Love, anna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...