Monday, November 7, 2011

From Place To Space: Alpine Austria

A few weeks ago I spent a wonderful weekend in Innsbruck, Austria. Innsbruck is supposed to be the capital of the Alps and happens to be the city where I studied. Although it's not far from Munich, I hardly ever get there. Hence, I was so inspired while walking through well known streets and discovering old and new corners of this beautiful little city. Moreover, I enjoyed the dramatic scenery of the Alps that are literally on your fingertips. As you know by now, I was also inspired to take impressions from the place and transfer them to a space. How do you see an alpine inspired interior design? I see traditional wooden furniture and home decoration reinterpreted in a slightly quirky and colourful style, like these funny stag heads. 




I strongly believe that tradition and design have an unparalleled power when mixed together and served as a new creative idea. Fancy a trip to the Austrian Alps?


Photography: Alpine notes via Etsy; colourful stag heads via Design3000; red Sigurd bench via Ikea; Innsbruck photography by Igor Josifovic; vintage lithography via Etsy; stag head clock via Etsy; Alpine lodge cushion and Alpine blanket via Butlers

12 comments :

  1. I love the Mighty Notes notepad. The candy coloured facades are also right up my street! Have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Will. Have a fab week, too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Innsbruck...that whole part of Austria and Germany is one breathtaking vista after another. I'm really enjoying your "From Place to Space" series! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lauren:-) that makes me happy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those stag heads. Brilliant. Thank you for also drawing my attention to the perfectly imperfect home - I'm adding it to my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely impressions from Insbruck. One more reason to visit :-)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great Igor. I love the notebook. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Igor - I love spotting things for kids rooms and family friendly homes - these stag head hooks are great! I'll try and find out whether anyone in the UK stocks them. Thanks!

    x Ursula (fellow BYW student)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Igor, Hello from BYW! Your photo looked so familiar and I finally figured out that we had connected on twitter a while back. Congratulations on your blog. Its just lovely to look at and read. I travelled thru it and must say your're a QUICK STUDY! Look forward to reading more.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Alison, thank you so much:-)) BYW was just a perfect way to boost my desire to set up the blog and get creative:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...