Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Why This Room Caught My Eye


I strongly believe in the unrivaled power of colours in interior design. Whether it's bold and strong with colourful walls, a painted ceiling or flooring, big and bright accent furniture or rather playful and individual with colourful accents such as textiles, art, home decor - when wisely executed, the first and foremost feeling is one of joy and happiness. I also understand the other side: people who prefer calmer,  less vibrant and monochromatic spaces. But truth be told, I can't live with at least a little dash of colour. So when I spotted this room, I was all smiles. And here is why:
  • Cluster of quirky lampshades: What a fun idea to highLIGHT your room. Whether it's a design piece or a DIY model: this pendant will make people talk!
  • Colourful gallery wall: I love the character of a gallery wall that exudes the personality of the home's owner. Arrange your favorite prints, posters, photos into a very personal gallery wall to make an arty interior design statement. 
  • Cool & urban tray tables: This set of bright blue tray tables act as a flexible coffee table and the detachable trays have a double function. 
So, now I am curious about your verdict? Love or loathe?

Photography via Alvhem

11 comments :

  1. fun!! love the blue trays and of course that cluster of lamp shades is so whimsical and cheerful... totally put a smile on my face. thanks for sharing Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is for sure a very fresh and happy room. I love the mix of bright blue and red, and the gallery wall is very, very nice.

    Nina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep like this very much Igor, especially the gallery wall and the tray tables....dont know about the white rug as from experience it never stays that colour so white painted floors simpler and more robust! The picture with the paint dripping is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun space! I think I recognise this shade cluster from Danish shop Ilva, it's really fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Πραγματι το φωτιστικο και τα τραπεζακια ειναι πολυ ομορφα!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple clean lines, bright splashes of color and a bit of whimsy makes this room young and chic. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your views - love to read them here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all them items you have commented on! the lamp shade cluster is so cute and so colourful. the little metal trays on the side tables are also very very cool... where are they from?

    Stu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know where these come from exactly, but Hay has very similar tray tables: http://hayshop.dk/products/28-coffee-tables/167-tray-table/

      Delete
  9. I liked this room! Very entertaining. Really catching an attention!
    I want to learn how to melt crayons like there in that wall. Such a nice design.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...