Wednesday, November 14, 2012

5 Happy Inspirations: A Boy's Room


What defines the term 'boy'? Age? Looks? Behaviour? Nah, I'd say it is defined by a young and happy spirit, by the ability not to forget the joys of life and that every new day is an adventure we're embarking. And this has nothing to do with age. Hence, I am defining myself as a 'boy'. Pretty much forever. 

Bearing this in mind, I've decided to compile '5 Happy Inspirations' for that boy vibe in a room. Playful, colourful, surprising. Ready to embark on this blog adventure? Here we go!

1. Zip, unzip, define, redefine: the 'Zipillow' by designer Sandra Trividic is handmade in San Francisco and come in flashy colours. You decide if it's a couch, a guest bed, a pouf, a bench or a cushion. Unleash the 'boy' in you!

2. If you need more inspirations for an 'Appartement de Garçons', just have a look in this fabulous Edition Paumes book from Japan. You don't need to travel around the globe for it, just get it off the amazing 'Gifts for him' list in the shop of Bodie and Fou.

3. With all these goodies here I am trying to quench your thirst for design and happiness in your home. For the real thirst opt for this simple yet stylish carafe from Ikea. By the way, I got it for myself last weekend.

4. Never forget to have a free spirit and let it fly high - from time to time. As a visual reminder get yourself one of these happy fellows: the 'Kay Bird' by Kay Bojesen as seen on La Mesa. 

5. The smart boy goes for a fine rug - sitting on the floor and reading a book is absolutely ok! As long as you rest your heinie on a handwoven Dhurrie from Jaipur, India. Soon on sale at Mini Moderns.

Here's to a happy Wednesday!

14 comments :

  1. A boy's room... great idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ... I love the Kay Birds!! I am also obsessed with all things Japanese. ..so one copy of Appartement de Garçons en route to Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect inspirations :) And a good reminder that I should not forget the girl in me either. I love the Paumes books. I have two on my coffee table and I never tire of looking at them. The Kay birds are very sweet.

    Have a great day Igor!

    :) Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zip pillow-wow, Gabriel would so love this!! Boys-funny, fun, energetic, zest for life, exhausting, mad, crazy, gorgeous-I fell in love with mine more than I can say the moment he was put in my arms-and I never wanted a boy-how awful I even felt that!!! Lovely selection Igor x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youthful & fun...happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to have a boy's perspective on interiors as my boy gives little input!! I adore the little Kay Birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful mix of Boy's toys! And: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Zipillow make me "Happy"!Great inspiration for a boys room!!Thank yoi Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE it all, especially the 'boy' in you:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Igor: You have an eye for detail, design and every post makes us as readers feel happy.

    In the first picture, I'm drawn more towards the guitar than the pillow. What do you think would be the best way to display a guitar in a room (assuming it is played everyday)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a very simply yet stylish way to display a guitar in a room: http://meandalice.blogspot.de/2012/06/oldies.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Igor. Just what I had in mind - I was looking at ceramic hooks. I saw a beautiful metal hook shaped in the form of a snake which freaked me out a bit though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...