Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Why This Room Caught My Eye


Every Tuesday I am musing about a room that caught my eye. And this Tuesday is no exception. So I roamed the net and found a room that on the first sight probably lacks that flashy, catchy happiness factor, but still it kept my attention through its lived-in, cosy and very personal styling. It is a room to be. A room to live. Hence, I'd say it's happy after all! Here are three elements that caught my eye:
  • Statement art piece: Opt for a personal art piece. Think of a photography that you've taken or a good friend. Nowadays you can even get your Instagrams on canvas (you remember this) so you can add a very personal statement to your room.
  • Rough, linen bedspread: Go for a rough, crinkled linen bedspread in a muted hue to bring the calmness of the winter nature into your home. And the tactile feel is unrivaled. 
  • Vintage lighting: How about sourcing some vintage desklamps on a flea market and transform them into sconces for your bedroom? A little touch of industrial style definitely accentuated this room and adds interest.
So, anything you liked here? Let me know!

Photography by Madeleine Söder for Sköna Hem

9 comments :

  1. I love the unusual combination of cushions on the bed - am intrigued by that egg (?) one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very close to mentioning the cushions, too! It is do quirky, like a stone or an egg! Definitely an eye-catcher!

      Delete
  2. I love the vintage sconces too! big fan! and this maybe nothing special to you lucky folks from Europe... that old door with polished nickel looking hardware ... to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The linen bedlinen is just gorgeous and what I'm saving up for. Love it Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For srange reason this room is so simple but it;s really amaze me!!I find it GORGEOUS!Well, Igor is the best Tuesday inspiration!I like all in this room!!
    I think the statement art piece is the best point of the room!
    Kisses!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the rough and casual nature of this room. I also agree with all the points you bring to light. The bed spread is very appealing since I'm not at all a fan of ironing ;)

    Xx. Holly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There, we have something else in common, Holly:-))) I mean the ironing...

      Delete
  6. Πλυ ωραιες οι δυο μεταλικές απλίκες πανω απο το κρεβάτι!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful piece of art on the wall of that bedroom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...