Monday, November 26, 2012

From Place To Space: Paris, Canal Saint Martin


A new week is just about to start and as you know it is right then when I like to take you on a little inspiring trip to fight the Monday blues. Last week, I told you about five reasons why I love Paris. Today, I want to take you on a little stroll through the buzzing and creative quarter around Canal Saint Martin in the 10th arrondissement. Off we go!


This area is attracting a good load of tourists as well as a young and creative local crowd to settle. Ever since Amélie Poulain was pondering over the world and throwing stones from the famous bridge over the Canal Saint Martin, tourists keep coming and pondering over the unique Paris lifestyle. My starting point for this quarter was a visit to the über-cool and super hyped Ten Belles Café, allegedly serving Paris' best coffee. I don't know if it's the best coffee or not, but it is very, oh very good. And so are their homemade cakes and patisseries. Try the salted caramel and chocolate tarts or the chocolate peanut butter brownies. Oy!



The café is located in the Rue de la Grange aux Belles. This street features some other fine little interior stores, cafés and art and design galleries in the lower part close to the canal. For more inspiration just cross the canal and stroll down the Rue de Lancry and the Rue des Vinaigriers. Moreover, you will spot the famous 'Hotel du Nord' facing the canal. French people know it and some other do too - the hotel is known from a big French movie made back in 1938 depicting this are and its people. 

For the rest, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. À bientôt, mes amis!

Photography by Igor Josifovic




22 comments :

  1. You fit in perfectly! Since I'm only a short walk away from Ten Belles, we'll meet there on your next trip (well, the one AFTER December *cries*) and I'll show you bits of the 11th! Glad you tried the peanut-butter brownie, wasn't it divine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing, Lindsey!! Next time we'll catch up there. In December I will check out Télescope Café:-)

      Delete
  2. Ivor, I'm really enjoying your Paris insights. The 10th Arrondissement looks so vibrant. The peanut butter brownies looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *apologies on mis-spelling your name. The iPhone spell checker thingy keep changing what I type & sometimes I only notice after the fact! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind Catherine, I have the same problem with my iPhone:-)

      Delete
  4. Cute baristas at Ten Belles! And those brownies look so yummy. Absolutely have to check it out in the next few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That latte and those brownies are making me hungry. What a darling neighborhood, You may have to be our tour guide when we go to Paris - if nothing else, give us some pointers on where to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. das ten belles ist so grossartig..ich wünsche mir eins in z!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've really inspired me to go back to this part of Paris! Hotel du Nord is one of my favourite restaurants - fab food and wonderful decor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 10th arrondisment is my most favorite part of the city. thanks for sharing your pictures and your impressions <3
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for this lovely little trip. Just what I needed before lunch :)

    Xx. Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the mini tour! the place looks so good and Canal Saint Martin is now definitely on my must visit list when I come to Paris!! Igor ... LOVE your shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is -again- a beautiful Paris post! I love the area around Canal ST Martin. I so want to go visit Paris again, it's been too long...*sigh*
    X M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paris is in the air!Always impressive photos Igor!I love them all!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for coming along to Paris with me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are just what I needed before calling it a day and going to bed. It's been a busy one.
    This post has been bookmarked and I'll come back tomorrow morning to read it with my morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, I'm not familiar with the 10th arrond. at all so thank you for the curated suggestions.

    When next in Paris I would like to venture into unknown areas and I know exactly who I want to be my tour guide.
    You have 3 guesses:)) but you know my condition. You have to be parisien by then:)

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Το αγαπώ το Παρίσι!!!τι ωραία!!!έχω ζήσει ένα 6μηνο στην Γαλλία και λατρεύω αυτή την μαγική γλώσσα...σίγουρα θα ξαναβρεθώ εκεί!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Κι εγώ λατρεύω την ελληνική γλώσσα:-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...