Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Why This Room Caught My Eye


Tuesdays equal a room that caught my eye! And today's dining nook is such a happy place and so up my alley that I keep on asking myself why this isn't actually in my home. Anyway, I am pretty sure you will share my passion and happiness regarding this room, won't you? Here are three reasons that really caught my eye:
  • Colourful cord & exposed bulb: A modern, cool and happy way to interpret lighting above a dining table. Opt for a big, round bulb and make a colour statement with a bright cord. This reminds me that I have to install my new colourful cord in my hallway...but I digress!
  • Playful art: I am a real sucker for illustrative art. I keep on buying new illustrations although I am beyond the point of having space for them. But hey, illustrations can be easily exchanged from time to time and thus add a fresh flavour to your interiors. Love this playful and bold example in the pic!
  • Black accents: I am absolutely attracted to the juxtaposition of the colourful elements to the black accents of the chairs, the rug and the cabinet as well as the black poster background.
What's your opinion about this room? Do you like it or is it too bold for you? I am curious!


Photography via Scandinavian Deko 

13 comments :

  1. I love it! the pop of color is sharp and the black+white classic palette is a total standout to me! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always drawn to graphics. This one is so simple & colorful - I love how it repeats the color scheme from the shelving to the the table space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also really like the colourful art - it lifts the whole room. I know what you mean about having too many illustrations. That's why I love picture ledge shelves - makes it so easy to switch around a display.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right with you with this room. Although I find myself wishing the floorboards were more of a natural wood brown. I'm really liking the naked pendant. I want to put 2 in my new place. One in the entryway and one in the tiny room that leads to the bathroom. But I haven't found the right ones yet... I'm thinking of some by NUD. Where did you get yours?

    Great post Igor! Xx. Holly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do actually have a NUD one in neon pink for my hallway. I bought mine in a shop in Paris, but I found them online here in Germany for the same price!

      Delete
    2. I saw them here too in a shop in Berlin but they didn't have the colour I wanted. Also saw them on Amazon. Still haven't decided .... but I'm leaning towards ... yes :)

      Delete
  5. I am immediately drawn to the colorful print above the table - I think that is a quick way to really spice up a room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Τελικα ειναι τοσο απλο να εχεις ενα πολυ ομορφο φωτιστικο!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this picture too, for the exact same reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bright print definitely caught my eye too and I just love that black and white striped rug...It's all put together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it for all your reasons + the framed photo right on the floor + how everything is arranged (by colour) on the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on House Beautiful's Link love for this post Igor! It is indeed a playful and fun little space!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...