Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ideas For A Happy Weekend


For this weekend I just wanted to leave you with a short note on art. These days I've stumbled upon these two great illustrations by my fellow blogger and artist Barbara Ismailovic of the Krishka design studio from Belgrade, Serbia. Her two illustrations are named Silent 1 (her self portrait) and Silent 2. And despite their name, they spoke to me. In the way only art can speak to its beholder.

These illustrations speak of all those words and thoughts unspoken. Things we dare not articulate because we are insecure, we are afraid, we are ashamed, we are intimidated. And it is a reminder to speak out. To communicate. Not to shut up. So go out there, speak out, tell your story, be yourself. And enjoy some good art this weekend. Hugs to all of you!

P.S. You can buy those prints & more here.

7 comments :

  1. Hi Igor!!A very touching post today...Happy Weekend..and I'll follow your advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Euxaristo my friend! I wish you a very happy weekend!

      Delete
  2. Such powerful art. Thanks for the intro and the sentiments, Igor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very pleased, Chedva. It really got me thinking. That's what I love about art!

      Delete
  3. Hello Igor, first let me tell you I absolutely love your blog and idea to bring happiness. Thank you! Second, before today I have never met a blogger with name Igor, which is also my husband's name. :) I am following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. I don't think I have any issues about 'speaking out':)) What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...