Thursday, December 22, 2011

Rug-tastic!


Do you have rugs? I assume you do. I only have one rug in my living room - it's a black and white zigzag rug that I bought from Urban Outfitters. But, I do have some smaller rugs to change the look of my room from time to time or according to the season. I got some nice colourful rugs from Zara Home and local rug stores. Whenever I change the rug in my apartment, I am absolutely stunned how this element changes the whole look and feel of a room. Rugs not only add texture and a haptic experience to our interiors, they also act as focal points, colour accents, or pattern highlights. What kind of rug type are you? Ethnic? Urban? Geometric? Monochrome? Shags? Well, the options are manifold and can add some more interior happiness to your home styling. Isn't that rug-tastic?




Photography: Bike pic via Apartment Therapy; Ethnic rug via Anthropologie; white rug via Ikea; zigzag rug via Dwell Studio; striped rug via The Rug Company; hallway via Emmas Blogg; kitchen via My First Little Place; living room via Flickr; bedroom via Pinterest. 

5 comments :

  1. It's so hard to choose between all of these options... I guess I'm between geometric & ethnic. The place I'm in right now has wall-to-wall carpets, but how I wish I have lovely hardwood floors and dress my rooms with lovely rugs. *sigh* - one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I loveeeeeee rugs! Also have some fun bright rugs from Zara Home that I have in my entryway but also have a rustic, jute rug from Toast which I have. I'm still thinking about whether I'll switch it out for something brighter come summer as it has a very cosy, pared back vibe and I'm keen to mix it up with the seasons. (P.S. Your zig zag rug looks so good in the west wing!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Igor. I don't have any rugs... I like them but they're probably not right for my flat. That said I love that top rug. Great mustard colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had a hundred thousand pounds I would definitely spend it in the Rug Company. I love their rugs, especially the Kelly Wearstler ones. The last one here is my favourite, I love those colours against the grey walls and dark furniture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...