Friday, December 30, 2011

Happily Ever After: Olaf Hajek


I have already shared my passion for arty illustrations and art prints for interior decoration. Today I want to present one of my favorite German illustrators - Olaf Hajek. Olaf Hajek's work is marked by an extremely original style and working process. None of his illustrations is digital, he rather works as a painter and uses acrylic on paper, cardboard or wood. Thus, each of his illustrations has a refined touch of handmade art. Ever since, Olaf Hajek has become an internationally renowned artist and has been commissioned illustrations for big clients such as Financial Times, The New Yorker, Carrefour, Rolling Stone, Coca Cola and many more. His work exhibits a striking array of vibrant colours and his style recalls memories of Frida Kahlo and other folk art interpretations. The illustrations surprise with unexpected combinations of elements coming from different cultures and convince with a unique and lively interpretation of nature and people. An amazing round-up of his artwork can be seen in his book 'Flowerhead'. For the record: I have his book and one of his illustrations (the very first presented in this blog post). Isn't his artwork simply stunning?




Photography via Olaf Hajek

5 comments :

  1. A discovery and love at first sight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my dear readers! Happy new year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Love! Thank you for introducing me to Olaf Hajek. It is definitely one for me. I love Frida Kahlo and artists like her that use bold color and imperfect lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to have something made by his hands in my home... This is what i call art that should be used for home decor. Being an interior designer and decorator myself, i understand how unique and classic these designs can make your home... thanks for sharing them...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...