Wednesday, December 14, 2011

From Place To Space: Munich With Mr. Bazaar


Today I am inviting you to a very special trip, one where I don't have to travel but be a happy host. Yes, I am inviting you to Munich today, the city I've lived in for the past five years. In order to give you the authentic feeling of being a guest in Munich, I invited one of my best blogger friends over, Will Taylor aka Mr. Bazaar from Bright.Bazaar. He spent a weekend in Munich and I was more than pleased to show him 'my city' after we'd met up a few times in London. From the start I knew this will be a bright and happy weekend! And so it was! Join us on a festive and inspiring day through the capital of Bavaria! Buckle up!



To boost my guest with energy, I took him for a good and yummy breakfast to one of my favorite spots in Munich, the Aroma Bar. We not only had a great breakfast but also enjoyed the creative and inspiring atmosphere of this shop-restaurant combo and took so many photos until the store owner approached us (who was very pleased we did all of this for our blogs).




Around noon it was time to take my guest to a solid and inspiring shopping trip. We strolled over Munich's oldest and most popular market, the Viktualienmarkt, and bought a few Christmas deco goodies (after all, we are human beings, right?) before we hit a few adorable interiors and decoration stores in the city centre like La Brocante, Depot, Obacht and La Maison Francaise, just to mention a few.




After a good retail therapy it was time to whet our appetite for art and culture. I took Mr. Bazaar to a recently opened gallery called Ponyhof Artclub where we enjoyed the photography exhibit, sipped a few cocktails and coveted the mid-century furniture. Later on it was time for a visit to my favorite Munich based museum, the Museum Brandhorst. A great selection of contemporary art by big names like Cy Twombly, Andy Warhol and Damien Hirst appeased our desire for art. 




The late afternoon was reserved for some compulsory sightseeing. Parks, architecture, famous squares and monuments were on the itinerary. We also climbed the famous Alte Peter tower (Old Peter's Tower) to have a fantastic bird's view of downtown Munich. A little coffee break in the beautiful Hofgarten park was included of course.




After walking around and dusk had fallen, it was time to warm up with mulled wine at one of the many Christmas markets. We enjoyed the festive fairy lights, illuminated Christmas trees, enchanting wintery scents, the joyous atmosphere and lots and lots of handmade Christmas decoration and ornaments that caught our eye (and camera lenses).

So, did you like our little 'From Place To Space' trip to Munich? If you want to read and see more jump over to Bright.Bazaar. Hope to welcome you soon for our next happy trip!

Photography by Will Taylor and Igor Josifovic

20 comments :

  1. Hello! I've been a reader of yours for a while and I'm trying to get better about commenting and not "lurking" as much, so hi! :-) I LOVED this post! You guys really did a great job making me feel like I was there too. My husband and I are planning to visit the countries his family are from, but I was never very interested in my side of the family. My Dad's side is from Germany and wow is Munich beautiful! So, I think it will have to put on our new list! Thanks for the great post, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Igor (and indeed Will). Obviously a fab time had by both of you. Love the look of Ponyhof Artclub (that's the one with the midcentury furniture?)

    The photos are fab and paint a lovely journey through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously loving this post. Your photos are amazing! My favourite part is the breakfast place and those gorgeous dried flowers on your plates! That is so interesting....love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post mate :) Munich looks amazing! You just cant beat a traditional German Christmas market. All the photos are absolutely fab... I love the picture of the Nutcracker dolls the most :)
    Glad to hear you both had such a wonderful weekend.
    Stu x
    http://whatwilsonwants.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ah I see the old good spots like Aroma bar still belong to your favorites places to hang out :-) Yes Munich is beautiful, but who ever doubt about it ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post couldn't be any better! Hugs to both! And by the way, Munich is amazing, especially this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok jealous now. Looks like you both had tonnes of fun. What a visual treat - igor your pics are brilliant and storyboard the weekend brilliantly. Like Stuart the Nutcracker dolls got me big time..... oh and the pic of you both in the mirror - too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looked like so much fun will's a great guest, even though he spends too much time in the bathroom doing his hair:) great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Annette: LOL you made me laugh so much. Actually, in my teensie apartment he was even forced to do his hair in my living room:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so looked forward to reading about your adventures in Munich and this certainly doesn't disappoint! I thoroughly enjoyed (virtually)delving into the many delights your wonderful city has to offer.

    You guys look like you had an absolute blast - you should team up on the blogosphere much more often!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Annette - You know me too well! Love some bathroom time. OK, so that sounds dodge!

    @Igor - You rock, friend!

    @Chi - We're planning on it, so stay tuned! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post Igor, I love following you on your travels and Munich looks like an amazing place. I love German Christmas markets! Looks like you both had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Igor! I'm über jealous you got to hang out with Will. Munich looks like heaps of fun, so warm and inviting and festive. You two are absolutely adorbs in every shot. Looking forward to more happy trips. Nice meeting you and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the picture of both of you in the mirror! Looks like you've had a blast! Great guys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Igor - diese kleine Geschichte ist total Wunderschön!! Frohes Fest Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You make it Munich look fun, funky and truly trendy... must look you up when I am next there and hire you as a tour guide:) Fabulous both of you. I love your storytelling!Oh, yes and jealous of brekkie in Germany.. never mind, will be there myself on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you ALL for your adorable comments!! Each and every made me smile!!! When you come to Munich, make sure you let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wie schön! War gestern auf dem Christkindlmarkt! Aroma Bar - wunderbar!

    Saskia - ja, aus München :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. On one hand, I LOVE this post, Igor! But, on the other, I'm super jealous that I wasn't there too! ;) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Igor! I just commented on Will's Munich post and had to make sure to pop over here to do the same. I am obsessed with your photos and recap. It makes me want to book a plane ticket to Munich immediately. When I do, can I count you in as my tour guide? ;)

    P.S. I'm loving your blog. Been reading since you first debuted. Added it to my blog roll, too. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...