Wednesday, December 28, 2011

5 Happy Inspirations: Fireplaces


In the middle of the winter, in between the old and the new year, I am craving for warmth, cosiness, the relaxing sound of crackling fire, a mug of hot cocoa...all this in mind made me think of homey fireplaces. I never had a fireplace in my dwelling, but boy would I love it! Hence, I took a little blog journey and went on a search for five happy and inspiring fireplaces and I think I found them. I love each and every one. Do you have a favorite?




Photography: Inspiration 1 via Canadian House & Home; Inspiration 2 via Stylizimo; Inspiration 3 via VT Wonen; Inspiration 4 via Jennyshus; Inspiration 5 via My Marrakech

10 comments :

  1. Love it! Although the fireplaces in our flat are no longer in use, I often wonder & imagine how cozy it must have been when they were. Nothing replaces the sound either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see our fireplace here, Igor! When I was designing Peacock Pavilions, I really wanted to create a statement with this fireplace. It's made all out of carved plaster and is 15 feet+ high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cosy places!
    Sitting in front of a fireplace, listening to its sound, looking at its flickering flames and having a fragrant tea or cocoa in my hand - just this imagination warms my heart and make my always wish to have a fireplace in my flat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Igor. Love 3 & 4. I've never had a fireplace either and they can be such a stylish focus within a room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your cool comments. Love to see that many people share my passion for cosy fireplaces. Now I just need to get one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww I dream of the day where I will have a cozy fireplace like this out in the back woods! One day...
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you via several other blogs. Love your blog! I'm a new fan. Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Hi From Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Your blog it's awesome, really really inspiring! Could you tell me who is the designer of the chairs on inspiration 4? I really love those!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Elle thank you! The chairs in inspiration 4 are the DSW Eames chairs offered by Vitra.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are buying a wood burning or gas stove, take into account that your chimney may need lining. While this can be an expensive process the liner will protect your chimney and make your stove more efficient.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...