Monday, December 5, 2011

From Place To Space: New York City



After a few stops in good old Europe, I want to jump with you over the 'big pond' and take you to the navel of the modern world - to ever attractive, glamorous and fabulous New York City. 

I can imagine that most of you have experienced the magic of the 'Big Apple' and fell in love just as I did. The incredible architecture, the vibrant life, the credit card devouring shops, the incredible restaurants, and the never ending inspirations - a trip to NYC leaves a life-time mark to every visitor.

I enjoyed every bit of Manhattan and Brooklyn on a sunny and warm September and went back to Europe with a too heavy suitcase and lots of ideas and inspirations. 


When it comes to interior design, New York City is yet another benchmark for the industry. Amazing interiors ranging from small spaces to grand townhouses set the mark for a stylish and modern urban living. Countless renowned interior designers live and work in NYC and many, many books have been written and illustrated with stunning NYC interiors. Here is just a little taste of what the city that never sleeps has to offer. 

One little place I'd like to recommend: The super cute little café-bakery Kitchenette in Tribeca. That's the place where I had a yummy breakfast and got that sweet Big Apple cookie. Enjoy!

Photography: Bike via These tings Take Time; New York illustration via Matchbookmag Tumblr; art wall pic and blue wall pic via Defgrip blog; ottoman, kitchen, sideboard and bedroom all via Thom Filicia; all other images by Igor Josifovic.

17 comments :

  1. Love all the photos, but that first one is right on! It'll be so fun to all meet in New York one day, just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's put that on our agenda! Big blogger meet-up in NYC. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh.... I just said no to an offer to come over and stay in NYC ;/
    Must rethink!
    good night mr happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Love the first image! I live in western NY so if you plan a blogger meet up one day, count me in! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been four times in the last four years. It really is the best city in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I told you that I love this series? Yes I did :) love love love. You perfectly captured new York like what I always thought! NY is one of my dream destination with my girl friends, We want to be 'sex in the city' wanna be haha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post. You captured the mood of NYC so well and I love the little recommendation for brekkie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures, especially the first one! Mind you I love New York too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a while since I've been but I love that city. A design haven with amazing architecture. So much inspiration indeed. Lovely post thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, that top print. AWESOME. I love NYC so much, and we don't get there nearly often enough. Your post reminds me that I can infuse my southern coastal cottage with some NYC, no prob!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my have P2S to date! NYC stole my heart from the moment I saw the dramatic skyline from the train as it rolled towards the City one cold March day! I remember stepping out of the subway onto the street and just staring up for ages, amazed at how high all the buildings were. There wasn't a poorly decorated crack house in sight! ;)

    p.s. loving the green wall with the gallery of art on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Will: LOL - loving the hidden quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just discovering your blog and really like it ! Good photos and writing, nice work !

    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just saw you were in NYC- next time you come let me know- would love to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Raina Oh I shall, I'd love to meet up! I've been admiring your work for such a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...