Monday, December 19, 2011

From Place To Space: Portugal


It's Monday and thus time for yet another inspiring trip. Ready? Here we go! Today I am inviting you to join me on a sunny trip to Europe's south-western tip, to colourful Portugal. Portugal is one of my favorite countries. The vibrant life on Lisbon's streets, the winding alleys and paths in Lisbon's old neighborhoods like Alfama or Bairro Alto, the ever charming Portuguese tiles, the rugged western coast, the sunny beaches on the Algarve, the delicious fish dishes, and the unique and sensuous sounds of Fado. You see, plenty of reasons to visit this beautiful country. 



All this passion and lust for life and colour is to be seen in Portuguese interiors as well. I travelled from Lisbon down to the Algarve and back and was so inspired. I found three creative and very welcoming Portuguese homes that exemplify the country's vibrancy, manifold history, and love for colour. From a countryside home via an urban retreat in Lisbon through to a colourful home in Ericeira - my excitement knows no limits! Apart from the adorable interior designs, I am sharing some pics of my trip as usual. I hope you enjoy it!






Photography: Interior Idea 01 via Modern Design Trends; Interior Idea 02 via Interior Design Files; Interior Idea 03 via Elle Decor España; all other images by Igor Josifovic.

11 comments :

  1. Lovely trip :-) I love those Hans J Wegner Wishbone chairs in 1, the Eames RAR in 3 and the yellow sideboard in 3. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I not love a post about me beautiful country writen by such an adorable person. Love the interiors also and mostly the light, thats what fascinates me about my country. We must meet one day in Portugal :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved Lisbon when I went with my sister last year - did you get up the coast to the beaches? So close by (only 35 mins on the train) and totally amazing... I also want to see Porto next time. Incredibly affordable and beautiful! I love this series Mr!
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We visited Lisbon last year during the holidays. I loved everything about it. I imagine it to be even lovelier during the warm weather months, like you seem to have had during your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that outside patio! I was just in Portugal, very quickly on my way back from Sevilla and loved it. These pictures are really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! This whole post is pretty rocking but that yellow tram? Well, that's something else. I'd have to hop on even if I had nowhere to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE to see Portugal! Again, I'm jealous! ;) But, on a gloomy day, I'm just happy to take in all of that gorgeous sunlight. Even if only virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this place. Love the houses that have an airy and bright feeling. Lucky you to visit the place. And you look so young at the photo (I mean you always look good :), but this photo really makes u look like u just graduated from the high school :p)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So viel Sonne und Licht :) Schön!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just like on the Munich post, you've got me again! Part of my husband's heriitage is Portugese and I never particularly wanted to go anywhere near Portugal. Wow! Well now I really, really do!!! Thank you for all your posts and allowing me the ability to travel so extensively from my desk chair! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I love Portugal and have been lucky enough to visit Lisbon once and the Algarve twice! I fell in love with the beaches and coastline of Lagos and am now happy to see some stunning interiors! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...