Friday, December 2, 2011

Happily Ever After: Cool Workspaces



Now it's not a secret that I live in a shoebox sized apartment. That means I have no dedicated workspace in my humble home. When I work at home or blog - just like now - I either do it in bed or on the sofa. However, if I had a somewhat bigger place, I'd love to set up a cool and urban workspace for my creative hours at home. I believe that a cool workplace is crucial as it is inviting to sit down and get the creative juices flowing. You can also add a big mood board to the workplace to visually work on creative projects (like so many bloggers do) or simply attach inspiring finds and tear sheets on the wall or on a pinboard for your projects. You can also accessorize the space with framed pictures, photographies, books, vases, flowers - there are plenty of possibilities. 




My favorite is a rather plain workspace: a cool and big desk, a quirky lamp, a stylish designer chair and an iMac - that's the essential combo for my 'happy workspace'. Are you the plain and neat type or do you prefer a more romantic approach to workspaces?




Photography: Picture 1 via Emmas Blogg; Picture 2 via Hemnet; Picture 3 via Emmas Blogg; Picture 4 via Tokyo Bleep Tumblr; Picture 5 via Style Files; Picture 6 via VT Wonen.


13 comments :

  1. Nice work spaces. I would love to have a bright and airy space like one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choices for this work spaces and the best things about them, no gender bias hehe... Well done Igor!

    And really wish one day you will have one for your own, k!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last one... that originally is a styled picture from VT Wonen magazine ;) Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your cool comments - I have the best readers in the world:-) My absolute favorites are number one and the last one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you so much for this post! I want to change my work room up and this is just what I needed. Love your picks, Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ich mag auch das letzte am Liebsten. Werde immer ganz kribbelig, wenn ich so schöne Ideen sehen und will wieder irgendwas in meiner Wohnung umdekorieren... Liebe Grüße, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you did this post! I have an office in our house (in desperate need of attention), but we also have our desktop computer in our family room (for better monitoring of kid's computer time!)...*that* space is in definite need of a boost of cool factor. Thanks for the inspiring pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, and number one is my favorite too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the simpler your work space - the more creative you can be. It somehow frees up creative juices - at least for me. Great pics Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favouite is the last picture, I would really love to have a clean and tidy workspace. It hasn't happened yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lamp in the 3rd picture!!! Wow! I want one of those. No idea where I would be able to put it, but I need it in my life! Gorgeous spaces Igor, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. super inspiring Igor! I like an uncluttered work area, it helps me focus and not get side-tracked!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic pics, thanks so much for posting! So interesting to see how a few carefully chosen design elements can transform even the smallest and simplest workspaces.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...