Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Why This Room Caught My Eye


Tuesday candy for our interior design loving eyes - that's the purpose of my Tuesday series 'Why This Room Caught My Eye'. I was going through the various issues of my favorite Australian e-mag Est Magazine and got hooked by this dining nook. Here are the three reasons why this room caught my eye:
  • Signature lighting: The industrial style, oversized wall lighting sets the tone in this dining nook. In combination with the tiled wall this lighting calls for a reduced, rather monochrome styling.
  • Black & Wood Dining: The set of dining table and chairs in black with a wooden tabletop are the ideal counterparts for the lighting. I like the café style chairs as opposed to the raw metal table base.
  • Floating storage: A little dose of quirk adds the perfect pinch of interest to this nook. The slightly irregular order as well as the use of dark blue shelves loosen up the raw industrial touch.
Anything you like in this room? Tell me!

Happy Tuesday!

Photography via Est Magazine

8 comments :

  1. I love the lightning and the chair on the left!
    Inspiring picture!

    Lisanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on the statement lighting! Such a weakness for that ;)

    Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely designs which can warm anyone up! I recently had my house renovated by a Design Firm at Toronto and it was worth it. My home looks perfect now. I wish I could include these ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the painted brickwork Igor! Very nice! Enjoying all your travels! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!! I have always love that statement light and dying to find a place to use it in my own home. Its industrial look is so perfect to set off the painted brick wall and a delicious black and white colour palette! The hits of royal blue add layers and life to the monochromatic space ... perfectly masculine space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this image. Im doing a post today on black and white, come see us!
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your feedbacks - I love to see who likes what! So interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...