Thursday, January 10, 2013

A 40 Square Meters Bachelor Pad



It's not always size that matters. Do I hear giggles? Well of course I am talking about interior design. A cosy and comfy home can be realized even on a limited space. Now, with growing numbers of single households and small (and expensive) urban apartments, the challenge for smart yet stylish interior design is omnipresent. I am the living proof! I am dwelling on 32 square meters above the roofs of Munich's Old Town and I am very challenged with combining usability of space and a cosy home feeling. While surfing the web for inspiring small apartment designs, I've stumbled over this super cool and urban bachelor pad in Brazil. 40 square meters are excellently laid out in this São Paulo home. A living room, a work space, a bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom - all fitted into 40 square meters without creating a feeling of clutter or messiness. The use of white on walls and wall mountings as well as a smart use of the wall and ceiling space has even created a parking nook for the owner's bike. How dandy is that? 




Photography by Luis Gomes via Casa.com.br

11 comments :

  1. what a smart use of space!! love how every spot is used and yet feels so spacious and not all cramp in a small apartment at all! Inspired!

    Now I am wondering how the bedroom works. It looks like the bed just comes down and the TV unit was moved to the front ... but it also seems like the bedroom wall is tucked further back next to the coat and hat ... hm

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a space!I love the small smart and styled spaces!Great color combination!
    Hugs Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything, except for the bike hung over the TV set, that makes me a little nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the space and small spaces are always an interior challenge. Personally I see too many knick knacks sitting about providing unnecessary clutter & that bike would have to go. The best feature, for me, is just how bright it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a well organized, chic small space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. Laughing at Gerard's comment:)

    For me all that heavy black furniture would have to go.. otherwise love the space. I've always preferred small spaces. They are more challenging but also more cosy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I sort of knew what you and Gerard would point out as problematic:-)

      Delete
  7. Great example of good space management! Like Gerard said, the bike situation is not ideal, but if you've got no place else to put it...well I guess it would have to do. Hopefully he loves his bike ;)Then like Tina mentioned, the black furniture is quite heavy for the space. I do think the layout is fantastic, and I love the cozy bed nook.

    Thanks for sharing Igor!

    Have a nice weekend Xx. Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, am moving to a small apartment and this gave me a great ideas how to organize my million things.
    Again it's wow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...