Friday, January 11, 2013

Happily Ever After: Donna Wilson


I am a firm believer that home accessories can contribute to our happiness. Let me give you a descriptive example: I am a jolly good fellow. Almost all the time. But not in the early morning. I am just no morning person (as much as I would like to change it). And sometimes, believe it or not, I can be a tad grouchy in the morning. Now imagine a yummy breakfast is prepared and served. Not just served, but served in the exceptionally happy Donna Wilson tableware. A cute 'Grace' plate smiles at you, a cool bearded chap looks at you, a foxy fox greets you good morning. I mean, can you not smile? Can you not simply be happy?

I am a big fan of Scottish designer Donna Wilson. Nowadays based in London, the fabulous Donna started her career after making odd knitted creatures that were instantly loved by everyone. Donna's trademark are curious creatures that seem to be inhabitants of an enchanted dream world - quirky, cute and oh so lovable. But I not only love her unique designs, I also adore her passion for products that people can connect with. Her studio is committed to making things that the happy customers will treasure and enjoy. Moreover, Donna Wilson focuses on UK based manufacturers and supports local craftsmanship wherever possible. 


So, in order to fight my morning blues and crankiness, I've decided to stock up on Donna Wilson plates. My first choice will be sassy 'Grace' and the friendly 'beardy man'. And happy mornings may come! Happy Friday, friends!

Photography via Donna Wilson

12 comments :

  1. Hehe, "use my beard to dry your plates", how not to smile, even if you are grumpy in the morning? Very nice selection of objects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not a morning person? ... shocking! The idea of you grumpy in the morning just cracks me up ;-)

    How cute is that fox plate with the green leafy (or is it trees?) background? I would love to have that one and the stamp set. I.want.that.stamp.set.in.my.life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love Donna Wilson! We have her little badger pillow on our sofa at home and it always brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Igor... please don't hate me, but a Donna Wilson fan I am not. I admire that she has made a name for herself, but the cutesy images would likely make me grumpy rather than happy. These accessories are, for me, an example bordering on bad taste. YOU SO DO NOT HAVE BAD TASTE... maybe get something cheery from the Moomin's collection instead - http://www.arabia.fi/web/Arabiawww.nsf/en/tableware_moomin_collection

    Happy Friday & weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah Gerard! I think Donna is a great designer as she managed to create a very distinct visual interpretation. I know it's not your cup of tea, though. But you know, there's no accounting for taste:-)

      Delete
    2. Reading the other comments, looks like I'm on my own with this one ;-)

      Delete
  5. One of these would definitely make me smile in the morning! Like the look of the stamp set!

    thanks Igor Xx. Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Auch dir noch ein happy 2013! Cheers, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable Igor! I could use the little kitty egg cups in my morning routine for sure, and my daughter would adore them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right! Love her designs and the unique little characters. Cute but somehow edgy, too - right up my alley. I especially like the tea towel that says: use my beard to dry your dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful designs. I más sure that they get a home happier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...