Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Why This Room Caught My Eye


There is nothing more evident and clear than one stark fact: A lovely home is the source of genuine happiness. Your nest, your abode, your dwelling, your just your apartment! The furniture you've chosen over time, the precious details collected over years, the personal touches, memorabilia and a dash of quirk - your home is your personality, your home is you.

That said, I'd like to meet the person who lives in this apartment cause this room caught my eye. This room speaks of sophistication, of a profound understanding of personal style, of a life well lived, in sync with nature and the surroundings. It also tells me that the owner knows the tweaks of styling - the canny use of textures and patterns, a colour symphony using earthy hues and soft grey walls, the magic of placement and size, the addition of indoor plants for a healthy and stylish dwelling. 

This room not only caught my eye, it made me want to take a seat there and indulge in the happiness of a beautiful home.


Photography by Emily Johnston Anderson


10 comments :

  1. Fab space, adore the colour palette! Love/want/need the ethnic vase too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Holly! I would actually need everything from this room:-)

      Delete
  2. Love that giant cactus!! (of course)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That has gone right up on my urban jungle wish list!

      Delete
  3. It's amazing how much life those green plants add to the room:-) The play on scale and that way the cactus has been used to create a focal point in a corner (that would otherwise be quite boring) is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellently observed, Sarah! That corner would have looked totally bland without the cactus!

      Delete
  4. I also love the simplicity of this room and the way that the hearth tile brings in the grays and browns....cools and warms! Thanks for sharing! Love your blog!
    Janiece
    PS I'm a designer and will be starting a design blog very soon but for now I invite you to check out my blog: http://dsgnmomonline.wordpress,com dedicated to busy parents and children that barely know them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so love this space for all the reasons you beautifully stated dear Igor.
    Wishing you to meet the owner! My compliments please :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Igor-I think this might be my very favourite room yet-I really do love it: the style of furniture, wonderful understated colour combinations and of course the fabulous indoor plants! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like a color combination.It's like a summer rainy day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...