Friday, October 25, 2013

Botanical Prints By Pernille Møller Folcarelli




It is no secret that I am an enthusiastic urban jungle blogger and that I love greens in homes. On the other hand, I absolutely understand and accept that plants in homes is not everybody's cup of tea. But what about bringing the botanicals on your walls? How about the eternal beauty of immortalized, delicate leafs, twigs or feathers as unique, handmade art prints? Sounds interesting? Then take a look at the sublime work of the Danish artist Pernille Møller Folcarelli.


Pernille has always been fascinated by the botanical universe of plants and trees. For her latest series of graphic prints she is using natural materials such as leafs, twigs and feathers collected directly from her garden in Denmark. She works with a graphic press in her studio and uses the natural materials directly in the printing process thus creating unique, handmade prints that reflect the individuality of every piece of nature immortalized in her work.

The colour palette of the botanical prints is predominately black and white with hues inspired by Nordic nature. To me, these prints look like a perfect detail to Scandinavian inspired interiors. My personal favorite is the prints with three fig leaves. All her prints are available through her website for purchase. 

What do you think of Pernille's work?


11 comments :

  1. I think they are perfect for a Scandinavian style interior too...the photos are really lovely!thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these prints very much. They remind me oft a happy summerday in the garden. Iris

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice, especially in autumn!!!
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moreover, I just learned from a friend that looking at nature inspired art/images has almost the same calming effect as being in nature. Another reason to get one of those beautiful botanical prints:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the botanical images especially the negative photo effect. It is almost like someone has used an x-ray instead of a graphic press.

      Delete
  5. Pernille makes a beautiful prints. My favorite is feather's print .
    If take 4 prints of the feathers with different colors ,it's will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this curated, gallery wall with the most beautiful prints...gives it a great organic feel:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Igor- I just discovered her work this week too and am putting a post together! I feel just like you-it is absolutely stunning and perfect for those who don't necessarily like house plants. A great post on beAutiful products-LOVE it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a find! I am not too much into the botanical hype but these are really different! And the pictures are so beautifully styled!
    Seems your new Mac is alreadycreating amazing posts...:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous. Particularly in the monochrome. Think they would look gorgeous in a guest bedroom - lovely and neutral, but modern too. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. my heart skipped a few beats... I rushed down the post to watch every picture!
    pure l o v e for sure... now I'll go up again enjoying also reading your post ; )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...