Saturday, October 19, 2013

Thanks To These Blogger Friends!


This weekend I want to use the opportunity to thank some of my blogger friends based in the USA. That is probably the most wonderful side effect of blogging: an international network of likeminded people and friends. During my last trip to the USA I used the opportunity to meet up with some of my favorite peeps there. If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen these iPhone pics already. But anyways, let me say thank you to these friends:

Bradford and Jon: In Seattle, I had the great opportunity to meet Bradford aka Uncle Beefy to the bloggersphere. I was very happy to meet him in real life because I think he is one of the most blithe personalities out there and I just knew the meet-up will be great fun. Little did I know that even my LA based friend Jon of Happy Mundane was in town too - so it turned out to be a real blogger dinner in a great restaurant in downtown Seattle. I must not forget that Bradford marked the occasion with yummy homemade cupcakes!

Jordan and Ana: A real highlight was the meet-up with Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day in San Francisco. When she contacted me on Twitter and asked whether I want to meet up for a little personal tour through the Mission, I was beyond happy. Shortly after that, my friend Ana of Fluxi on Tour invited me to an ice cream at her favorite ice parlor in the Mission - so I was the lucky guy with a double date! We grabbed an ice cream, sat down at Dolores Park, and had a shopping tour in the Mission. Thank you ladies for a fabulous afternoon!

Jeanne, Einat, Ana: A big thank you to Jeanne of Shop Sweet Things for organizing a great blogger lunch and shopping tour on Filmore Street! It was such a great moment to finally meet Jeanne whom I've known ever since I started blogging. She is so sweet and adorable - thank you my dear! Another highlight was meeting Einat of Design Break - a fabulously creative lady full of energy and refreshing Israeli honesty. What a blast we had! We met up even the next day for more shopping and eating (!!) - toda chavera! And thanks Ana for joining us and guiding us through the city! You are a real sweetheart!

Victoria: Last but not least, I want to thank the SF girl by bay, the fabulous Victoria Smith. Victoria was the 'missing celebrity friend'. She happened to be in Europe at the very same time. However, this circumstances had a bittersweet note: Victoria asked me to homesit her bohemian modern abode in San Francisco. What an honor! And what a generous offer! Thank you Victoria for this amazing offer and opportunity. I can't wait to thank you in real life anytime soon!

And thank you all my dear readers for stopping by here. Have a very happy weekend!


Photography by Igor Josifovic (poor iPhone quality, sorry!)

5 comments :

  1. That is one of the perks of blogging.... like-minded friendships on and off-line worldwide!!
    I'm glad you had such a good time and met some of your favourite bloggers.
    Thank you for sharing the photos. I salute you all... Greetings from London.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! Happy weekend from sunny Munich!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Tina : that's the great thing about blogging! And what a lucky boy to meet all these amazing bloggers (OhHappyDay has been one of my favorite blogs ever since they were in Paris ;-) Enjoy your reading week-end ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

    Happy weekend Igor :)

    Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm finally catching up on all the missed post while my in-laws where here! Boy, i need months to get back to normality. Igor, it was really great to meet you. I just enjoyed all your posts about the your big USA trip!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...