Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Why This Room Caught My Eye


Sometimes it is sheer simplicity that catches my eye. In a world where visual cues are exuberant, a quite setting attracts my attention pretty quickly. Especially when there is one or two little style elements that add that dash of sophistication to a simple interior design. When I spotted this kitchen, I felt like I would love to sit there on the table, have a cup of coffee, flip through a few favorite interiors magazines and let the day pass by. As simple as that. But what caught my eye in detail? Here are three points:
  • Industrial Pendant: Lighting is essential in any interior and one of the most important interior design elements. Kitchens seem to be the ideal place for vintage, weathered industrial pendants. Probably because they evoke some fantasies of a large bakery from the past. Or the image of a large French cuisine from the late 19th century? I don't know what, but it always works.
  • Tiled Wall: Metro or subway tiles have really made a grand entrance in the interior design scene. Mostly, tiles were used for the splashback in kitchens. But an entire tiled feature wall? Pretty cool!
  • Black Eames Chairs: In this rather simple kitchen void of clutter, a design classic makes a stark statement: they reveal the owner's sense for design and style. And opting for simple, black Eames chairs is the best option to underline the sophisticated, calm look of this kitchen.
Are simple interiors catching your eye, too?

Photography via Fastighetsbyran

13 comments :

  1. Yes usually I'm more attracted by simple interior...for myself and my home I prefer a warmer kind of interior style, with colours and personal objects reminding me a special time of my life...but when I look at a magazine, website, image, I'm attracted by simple and clear interiors too. As someone said...Less is more ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point and should actually be a leading thought when designing a space: less is more:-)

      Delete
    2. I agree with both of you. If the space is cluttered nothing stands out. I think one can have a clean design whose spareness actually showcases those objects representing one's travels, experiences, personal aesthetic.

      Delete
    3. Excellent remark, Robin! I think a quiet surrounding sets the stage for beloved pieces to the max as you stated! Always to remember when styling a room!

      Delete
  2. I adore the white glossy tiles! They definitely make the room brighter and add some sort of luxury to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Maria - especially with that daylight, it just looks rad!

      Delete
  3. Very much so...I've got metro tiles on my "must have" list at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're on my wish list too. Right after a proper kitchen:-)

      Delete
  4. Nice find Igor! Have always loved those tiles used almost anywhere and I especially love the big windows that let in all that bright light and also offer a view of the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Viel Licht, Helles, Raum und...einen Akzent.
    Wenig Gestapeltes, Rumstehendes, Raumfressendes, Ablenkendes, Zerstreuendes...
    Konzentration!

    LG
    Angelika
    Die Lampe ist super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Igor,
    Its like a representation of old meets new, isn't that what reinvention is all about. People like old things that look new in good spaces that include good techniques of white like you has. Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kind of color themes, loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pendant is a dream! A dream!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...