Monday, August 27, 2012

From Place To Space: Blogger Fun In Munich


First of all: I am sorry for not taking you to a new destination today but staying local. Yep, this time I am Munich bound. But I had a very good reason to stay in Munich: I was expecting one of my favorite fellow bloggers and good friend Will aka Mr. Bazaar from London for a visit. Moreover, we had a little but totally international blogger meet-up by welcoming our Canadian fellow blogger Tim from Designmaze on Sunday, too. 


You might remember Will's and my adventures through xmassy Munich last year. This time, we explored a more summery version of the city and discovered a few exciting places. Friday was the best time for an after work drink and chat at the stylish Aroma Kaffeebar in Munich's hip Glockenbach quarter, whereas Saturday was reserved for a more extensive shopping & shooting endeavour throughout the city. 

We started the day with a good brunch at the lovely Café Fräulein with its charming vintage décor and shabby chic feel. I love the fact that styles that do not necessarily reflect your personal taste (like in this case) can nonetheless enchant you when they're well executed. After the refreshment we headed to a few inspiring stores and snapped along the way. We foraged through the vintage furniture store Delikatessen and encountered some amazing retro light pendants and rustic industrial stools. 



To counteract the somewhat industrial and rustic feel of the first store, we headed over to Ladoug - a tiny boutique with a well chosen selection of beautiful furniture, textiles and decoration accessories, many of them with an artisan origin. The overall feel is more natural, ethnic and full of textures. A great place to satisfy all senses!


Walking through Munich downtown dragged us involuntarily to some of the high street stores, too. We hopped into Butlers to examine their colourful table settings and once again I fell in love with the Hamam inspired table cloths and picnic blankets. Saturday night was rounded up by a fantastic dinner in one of Munich's 'places to be' Theresa restaurant. I blogged about that restaurant here and believe me - if you ever come to Munich, you will want to go there and satisfy your palate and your design craving eye. 

Sunday was reserved for a meet-up with our blogger friend Tim and we took him for a drink and walk through Munich's several parks to enjoy the war sunrays and a leisurely Sunday. And in between all these undertakings, Will and I managed to style up my little abode, buy some extra props and shoot my apartment for an upcoming little home story. So stay tuned! Enough for now, happy Monday friends!

Photography by Igor Josifovic


22 comments :

  1. Lovely meet up that was! I can't help to think that if I did not know any better you two look like brothers in the last picture!
    Yeah yeah you may laugh LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Igor, ein fabelhafter Bericht und das Beste kam natürlich zuletzt: die Aussicht auf die lang ersehnte home story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These places look so great. I never manage to go other places than the fussganger area. Ladoug is definately the place of my next visit to Munich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich liebe deine Posts! Sie machen mich für einen Augenblick fröhlich und glücklich <3

    Merci, Katja

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hello my friends!!!!super!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allerbesten guten Morgen Igor

    Vielen Dank für die prächtigen Einblicke. Dieses Wochenend-Programm war vermutlich nahe an der Perfektion. HA!

    Dir auch HAPPY MONDAY.

    Herzlichst
    die Baumhausfee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so jealous of you guys!!! What a great meet up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic weekend for you + Mr. B!! I will have to join in the shopping and shooting tour next time when I'm in town :)

    Thanks for showing me your lovely city on Sunday and that garden is to die for!! Still can't believe people are with their serve boards doing tricks right in the middle of the park!

    thanks for a little sneak peek of the shoot .. . can't wait to see the full feature!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so great guys! I've never been in Münich, but I think I need to put it on my once-to-visit-list.

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are SO cute! I would have loved to be on this design adventure with you =) Next stop: PARIS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous to see two of my fave guys together for a weekend of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful to find Will with you on your blog today!
    It seems like you guys had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Munich seems so bright and beautiful. Thanks for all the inspiration Igor! glad you had fun.
    http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww! so jealous! looks like you guys had too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. High five to my blogging brother for an awesome weekend of creative adventures and... bubbles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a fun filled weekend! And what gorgeous shots, Igor! Now I want to visit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a great weekend. Can't wait to see the home story!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy and Bright indeed! And I will be checking out Tim's blog later :)

    Looks like it was a great weekend!

    Like many others, I am also looking forward to your home story!!

    Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like such a fun and exciting weekend!
    Love the vintage throws - they look so inviting! Always nice to spend time with friends and peers who share similar interests with you. Will be sure to check out Tim's blog, and thanks for sharing your adventures!
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love you boys together. Your adventure looks so fun and delicious and colorful--but why am I not surprised!?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Igor, I'm not quite sure how I missed this!! I think it was Bank Holiday in the UK:(( still not sure how I didn't see this. Apologies!!!

    What a great meet up. You two (and three on Sunday) rocked Munich no doubt and I love that you share so many things in common and have become friends. I think as women we forget how lucky we are and how we have a choice of 1000's of bloggers to connect with. But you guys are in a minority. More power to you!! Can't wait to see you both...

    You know I was looking for the Butler Micki Mouse post as am going tomorrow. Yes, I am:))) and stumbled upon this...

    Fab post x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...