Tuesday, October 9, 2012

BlogTour London: Designjunction 2012


After the BlogTour London and a week of holidays I am still sort of overwhelmed by the pictures and impressions I brought back from London. Not only have I met the funniest, coolest and most adorable crowd of bloggers, I also had a divine, swell and bombastic design injection. Today I would like to share some pics from designjunction, a show that boasted more than 100 international design brands in a fantastic industrial surrounds of a 1960s Sorting Office.

The most vivid memories I have from designjunction are some fabulous textile designs and lighting fixtures. While roaming the show I spotted four new-to-me brands that left me sobbing and longing for more. Let me quickly go through them. Maybe you'll share my passion, too.

Right at the start of the show I fell in love with Solid ID, a London based homewares company featuring an array of furniture, lighting, tableware and accessories, with a focus on hand-made, one-off pieces. That anchor lighting was a major visual anchor to me. If it were a bit smaller, it would have ended up in my bag. But alas, I brought back this great pic up there to share with you instead. Check their fabulous products here.

One aisle further I got hooked by colours, playfully printed on cushions and painted on plates. I found myself in front of the booth featuring Lindsey Lang designs. The London based textile designer and illustrator presented her latest collection boosting gleeful colours and patterns. What was not to be loved? See more here.

On the back of the fall I was brought to yet another pit stop by the quirky furniture designs of Lucy Turner. Her strong abilities as surface designer were ideally used to pimp and reinvent furniture pieces from the 50s and 60s. Those little side tables were a real winner to me. More of her designs can be seen here.

Finally, I walked through the upper floor and was immediately drawn to the stall of lighting design Atelier Areti. Not only did I love the name (knowing that it means 'virtue' in Greek), but I adored their lighting fixtures, especially the one shown here on my blog. The cool, urban design with a tad of industrial was a real highlight so to speak. I would absolutely love this piece in a lofty studio of mine. Moreover, I was so pleased to speak German to the smart designer Gwendolyn Kerschbaumer who told me that most of their products are actually being produced in Germany. Well hello! More on Atelier Areti here.

That's it for today, folks! More to come over the coming days. Stay tuned!

Photography by Igor Josifovic


6 comments :

  1. You have such a great eye Igor. Love seeing the shows and tours through your lens. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Igor what super photos!!!And this one where you are all together is just awesome!!!!
    I'M JEALOUS!!Thank you for sharing your photos!!!!!
    Hugs my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it just fantastic Igor! I loved everything about it. Sadly lost all my photos-very gutted!!Anyway, I have yours to remind me now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shoot, that's terrible! But worse is we didn't get to meet each other! We must make up for that next time!

      Delete
  4. Ζήλεψα!
    Να περνας τελεια :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun experience, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...