Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Why This Room Caught My Eye


Forget cold temperatures, wet weather, gloomy days - the winter has one very positive side, too: You get really cosy at home. Ok, there might be a few more positive aspects of winter, but hey, this is a blog about interior design, right? So when I set off to find another eye-catching room, I stopped at this living room styling. The cosiness is almost tangible and I kept looking at it and getting ideas for my own living room. Thus, I knew this is definitely a room that caught my eye. And why it that? Here are three main reasons why this room caught my eye:
  • Layers of Textiles: I do have a few obsessions when it comes to home accessories. One of them is home textiles. I have way too many cushions, blankets and throws at home. But looking at this picture and considering the cold winter outside - can you ever have too many blankets and cushions? Nope. Layer them on your sofa or bed to create the ultimate cosiness of a warm home and please the eye with various textures and patterns.
  • Serene Colour Palette: Winter always brings a desire for calming, soothing colours in my home. I like to tone it down during the colder season - bright colours are replaced by neutrals and more subtle, smooth hues. Grey is fabulous basis to work on your colour palette with serene hues like blues, greens, saturated ochres. 
  • Cacti: As an avid urban jungle blogger I couldn't help but notice the two little cacti in this room. I love them and they are so simple to take care of plus they add visual interest with their various shapes and surfaces - opt for a few small ones or a bigger one to add that green vibe to your interiors.
How do you like today's room? Is it catching your eye?

Photography via The Design Chaser

6 comments :

  1. Cosy at home is always good... especially when it's cold outside.
    Now I like that space but I'd have to tidy it up... no shoes, fix those cushions, fold that blanket, straighten that magazine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gerard.........:-)

    Wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas, lots of fun, food and laughter. Here's to a fab 2014 my friend. Thank you for all your support during 2014. Hugs and kisses from London! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays to you both!!! Hugging you both from afar!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous space. I love it too, especially the textures and touch of green. Have a fab Christmas, Igor! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, caught my eye! But that rug is really luring me in there. So funny to see G's comment and Tina's reply ... and another fellow Holly in these comments ;) Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a get-together of fab people here:-) I'm one lucky blogger:-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...