Friday, December 6, 2013

Colour Trends 2014


Day by day we are reaching the end of 2013. There is a good bunch of festive days in between, but soon we will all greet a new and hopefully prosperous new year 2014. Inevitably we are thinking of new beginnings, new resolutions, new design projects. And probably of new colours. Now luckily there are colour experts out there on the market who spent more time and energy on thinking about the color trends for 2014. So did one of my favorite paint brand, Farrow & Ball.

Farrow & Ball's colour trend predictions for 2014 are very calm, soothing and balancing. They are inspired by the countryside as well as by the seaside with muted hues and discreet shades. Even the colour names reflect that calmness: Cooking Apple Green, Stiffkey Blue, Purbeck Stone and Mole's Breath. Do I need to mention that Stiffkey Blue is my secret favorite?



I have only recently painted some of my walls in different grey shades by Farrow & Ball and blogged about it HERE. I love the calm and neutralizing power of a grey wall. It creates a very cosy feeling and makes colours pop. And I have convinced myself: You don't have to be afraid of a grey wall in a small apartment. It works perfectly!

What is your color trend prediction for 2014? Have you seen anything special that is coming up next year? Please let me know!

Photography by Farrow & Ball


16 comments :

  1. No matter, what is in the market, the white color and its shades, always remain popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much the green (too minty) but definitely the blue and gray. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to choose ... I think Cookie Apple Green ;)
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a similar chair in my life! :) Cannot find them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really can't go wrong with gray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diese Stühle, super!
    Grau mag ich als Metall - und Steinfarbe und bei Leinen. Weiß als unaufdringlichen Raumfüller und Lichtspender und diese Vintage - Grüns und - Blaus, angerostet und angeschmutzt sind für mich erheiternd. Massivholz, unlackiert ist warm.
    LG
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - what is the wall paint in the final photo at the bottom please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue Farrow and Ball in your photo is lovely. I'm liking Teal for this season. Pantone's Radiant Orchid seems interesting too. As yet, I don't have many things lilac/purple. Would be interesting to see how this trend evolves. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting to see that evolve, Geraldine. I have never used any hue of lilac/purple in interiors so I am curious to see how this will look. Happy weekend from snowing Berlin!

      Delete
  9. I love these muted colours Igor, I am currently going through a nature inspired colour love at the moment so this is right up my alley. I also love the blue, probably because I'm accessorising for my clients blue wall! Have a great weekend. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the nature inspired colour trend - as an 'Urban Jungle Blogger' this absolutely matches with my design beliefs:-) Happy weekend from Berlin!

      Delete
  10. hallo,
    wir haben auch eine graue Wand im Wohnzimmer, ein brombeere in Schlafzimmer und ein blau in der Küche ♥
    ich liebe Farben aber auch das neutrale wie schwarz/weiß ♥
    Deine Bilder sind super ;o)
    Liebste Grüße und einen schönen 2.Advent
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA. I have the painters upstairs right now painting our bedroom lamp room gray. It's a small room so I hope it doesn't turn out too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where Cooperated gift cheap crystal trophies Sneak Up On You And Mehttp://xameiguang.en.alibaba.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...