Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Why This Room Caught My Eye


Hello my friends! I am back after a wonderful weekend getaway to a quaint little German town and a busy Monday full of interviews - yesterday I gave my first radio interview to the German national broadcaster WDR. You can here me speak HERE (in German) and I must admit - I loved it! Radio is fun. But I digress. Let's get back to Tuesday eye candy and my regular column entitled 'Why This Room Caught My Eye'. 

Well just look at this fabulous picture! It is a detail shot with a close angle from what could be a dining room or a kitchen. It combines so many beautiful details and styles that it naturally caught my eye. But let's structure it a bit:
  • Personal Gallery: I absolutely love the idea of a personal gallery that can be changed from time to time. This is the ideal way of exposing your latest flea market finds, heirloom pieces, recent buys.
  • Fresh Blooms: Hands up who's tired of the grey and cold weather! I am raising both my hands! For a fresh breeze of spring in your home it takes as little as a bunch of fresh blooms. Grab a bunch on your next market visit!
  • Vintage Wooden Table: Such a vintage wooden table is a big wish of mine for one of my future kitchens/dining rooms. I love the tactile feel of an old wooden table, the history you can feel while touching its surface. Bliss!
Do you like this room? What caught your eye?

Photography via Forever Love

19 comments :

  1. Glad your weekend trip was good!

    I spy an Eames side chair and a Max 365 calendar - big love there! And even though it's a silhouette (I think)... I still applaud the Eames House Bird (my fav object).

    It looks like a very fresh and comforting space. The flowers are nice, but I'm allergic :-(

    And just one thing Mr Happy... "who's tired of the grey and cold weather"... my divine "grey" getting a hard time again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Igor,

    I've been meaning to comment for weeks on how much I enjoy your blog! Your ideas are always inspiriing (I, too, am working to create a happy interior/home) and I always am excited to read about your travels. I visited Europe (and was only able to drive through Munich, sadly) a few years ago and am hoping for a return this year or next. I live in the northwestern United States and can't wait to visit Europe again! I'm enjoying my Austrian eggs from Salzburg as Easter approaches. Thanks for the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! I forgot to tell you how much I enjoy following you on Pinterest, too! Thanks, Igor!

      Delete
  3. The room looks so nice and comfortable. For me, fresh blooms caught my eyes first. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Igor! I'm so over the winter. Woke up to a fresh blanket of wet slushy snow this morning. Blech. But this room has definitely cheered me up, and inspired me quite a bit for maybe... a Design Chef recipe soon! This image would definitely qualitfy for a dessert, yes? Keeping it bookmarked ;)

    Xx. Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. in connection to zour interview in Germany..here a Greek link!!! :) "Haekeldeckchen"!
    Ράδιο Αρβύλα - Σεμεδάκια next generation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbNgN4-_e9U

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree about personal gallery. As a painter I use to hang art, but this changeable thing is very cool. I like paintings on a floor, also, recumbent on a wall.
    I want that craw, so nice!
    I'm listening to your radio show, but I can't understand much, my German isn't that good, but I'm still listening ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely space again, Igor! Love the colour of those fresh blooms against the black/white/wood combo. I'm big on buying art through Etsy and supporting smaller independent artists. Having a frame shelf like the one pictured is an excellent way to display my latest art finds and special family pics too. I swap my display around regularly depending on my mood :) Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a lovely place! Love the vintage table, is fits very good with the personal gallery and modern decorative things * julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm listening right now ;-) I don't understand everything but quite a lot. Fun to hear your voice.

    Can I have everything on that table, including the flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this room especially the vintage table!!i am a vintage people!!lol!
    Happy week Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that space. Mainly because of that vintage table. Old wood is so warm and stylish. Fresh blooms are always good way to make space prettier and that little Ikea shelf is just ideal for ever changeing art display.
    And yes, I'm on Instagram and Pinterest too. Just started following you there too ;). Wish you a great week, Valentina.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the black white decoration in this room. And more and more I become a fan of interior with pure natural character. The vintage table in combination with fresh flowers reminds me of my own dining room. Decorating a room with fresh flowers change the whole mood a lot.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Katinka

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally agree! It`s a beautiful place with great styling. To love!
    Lisanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whatever for me No Importance. I really like the wooden table. Great shot. Is less important than ever. I attach attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this room too Igor - mainly for the reasons you mentioned - and then the Eames bird - love him too:) And the ranunculus flowers are divine. Happy day to you,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Natural Remedies for Depression and Spinach
    http://ret11111125.blog.com/2014/04/02/natural-remedies-for-depression-and-spinach/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...