Wednesday, February 13, 2013

5 Happy Inspirations: Neon & Fun


Last month I was basically drowning in inspiration when I visited the imm Cologne and Maison & Objet design fairs. Pastel hues were one of the major trends. But vibrant colours such as neons were trending, too. In order to brighten up this snowy hump day here in Munich and all over the world, I've picked five happy neon finds that would add fun and joy to any home, don't you agree? 

What is your stance on neon hues? Do you actually have something neon coloured at home? I bought the NUD pendant light in a flashy pink for my hallway. I will add a cool Plumen bulb and my hallway will hopefully be happily welcoming new guests. Now I only have to fix it to the ceiling. But that is another story...

Happy hump day, friends!

Photography: Throws with neon brims by Bloomingville; neon stool by Rat In My Kitchen; neon ornaments by Mini Eco; neon cushion by Ferm Living; neon pendant light by NUD Collection.

10 comments :

  1. your light at entrance sounds fantastic! can't wait to see it when I come visit you in December Igor! It's pretty snowy here as well .. just had the first real snow fall over the weekend.

    Loving that polka dot pillow of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these Igor! Totally brightened my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No neon for me! But liking your Plumen bulb in the hall welcome. Definitely my favourite bulb and perfect to show off with a great drop cap such as the NUD shown or Plumen's own - http://www.nest.co.uk/product/plumen-drop-cap-pendant-set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not get enough of neon! its fun indeed. yet I just got some small neon decorating things but for sure there will be some more and bigger ones soon * all the best, julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm not so sure. It's pretty difficult (imo) to use neon in a complementary way with any decor. Except other neon. And too much neon is no better than neon that clashes.

    Feel free to show me some images that prove I'm wrong though! I'd be interested to see how neon decor being used well.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's not everyone's taste, but color lovers will definitely enjoy it. Here's a cool example: http://style-files.com/2011/09/23/trend-vibrant-colors

      Delete
  6. You have the coolest lighting in Europe - we don't get those neon cords here for some reason....would be cool in a hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love neon! I think it's a tad unfair to take an Ikea Frosta stool (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/24286205/) paint it and then charge £50 for it though. Still, I am rather inspired to get a tin of neon paint and DIY now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...