Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wanderlust: Decorating With Maps


If you follow my Monday blog series 'From Place To Space', you know that besides interior design and decoration, traveling is one of my passions. Yes, I have a wandering heart! And for the days in between, I like to travel with my finger across maps. Well, truth be told, I did this as a kid on my globe and in my atlas. Nowadays, I click into Google Maps and plan my next little inspiring trip. 



Maps are not only valuable and informative, they also are very decorative. Especially vintage maps. I love the worn look and vintage print of old maps - and I must look for one on the upcoming flea market. Up to then I am flirting with these inspiring shots. Here's to all wandering hearts!


Photography: Pic 1 via Apartment Therapy; Pic 2 & 3 via Elle Decor; Pic 4 via Emmas Designblogg; Pic 5 via Britta Nickel; Pic 6 via Bellemaison; Pic 7 via Design Sponge; Pic 8 via Ballard Designs; Pic 9 via Design Sponge; Pic 10 via Konfetti Blog. 

7 comments :

  1. I'm obsessed with maps in all forms and formats. I LOVE the last picture.... thanks for that Igor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the image of italy! kind of a genius way of displaying a map. it's a very unique idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love maps too. And I like them as decoration in a kids room (http://www.keinebaerchen.de/2011/04/08/fuer-weltenbummler/)
    Viele Grüße
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds. Check out more examples on my round up: http://veneerdesigns.com/blog/?p=1268

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, is the last one here done on concrete? It looks so cool! I agree, I love vintage maps too and I think it brings so much character into a room. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your feedback! Glad to see some fellow wandering hearts:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love maps to and I do not know why but they seem to give more masculine touch into interior. Im looking for a wallpaper for my boys room, qute a while now. I hope soon to find apropriate one. This last picture is amazeing! I have it in one of my Pinterest boards. Have a great sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...