Thursday, April 26, 2012

Geometry For Interiors


Back in school, geometry was not my favorite subject. In a retrospective this might have been due to the cruel teacher. Anyways. But recently I have spotted many geometry inspired beauties for the home - from furniture to decoration: sideboards, beds, pendants, throws, cushions, vases, art, deco objects. And I must admit: I like it. I like it a lot. Be it triangles, cylinders or diamond shapes, the clear lines and the forms combine style and a sense of visual functionality to any interior. 


In my home, I've added some geometrical focus predominately through textiles. I have a zigzag rug, the geometrical quilt as seen here on the blog post and a lamp with a twisted triangle lamp base. Moreover, I got myself that cute little porcelain tray with the triangle pattern. Do you have anything geometry inspired in your home? 

Photography: Bedroom via Pinterest; print via Designspiration; pendant via Design Milk; living room and bedroom via Blackbird; jar via Present & Correct; tray via Etsy; zigzag pattern via Lost At E Minor; art print via Lisa Congdon; geometrical quilt via Urban Outfitters; plant pot via Etsy.

9 comments :

  1. Great round up! That blanket on the first picture has been on my wish list for a while, just can't get myself to shell out $150 for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I saw this trend in Milan at the Salone too! Especially with the "edgy" designers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Geometry!

    I'm not big on bold and colourful geometric patterns on textiles for my own home. I'm pretty minimal when it comes to soft furnishings in general. But that doesn't mean I don't like looking at these fun patterns.

    I would most definitely take the Acoli & McAllister Spica Light and the sweet plant pot in a heartbeat! That's my kind of geometry ;)

    Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was never good at geometry, but this trend is great. Love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore geometrics, especially in decor. I always doodle triangles when I concentrate, btw:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see some fellow lovers of the geometric trend! Thank you for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Have a nice time in Australia! Hege

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...