Monday, August 4, 2014

From Place To Space: Curiosity Paris




On this sunny Monday I felt the need to take you back to Paris once more. But not for an inspiring walk along the beautiful streets of Paris lined up with Haussmannian facades, today I want to take you to a very cool and lovely interiors boutique in the 9th arrondissement with an almost mysterious and intriguing name: Curiosity Paris.

I discovered Curiosity quite a while ago on Instagram. We followed each other and exchanged a few comments from time to time. Seeing all the inspiring interior pics of the store I knew I had to go and experience it for myself. So on a sunny Saturday I set off to find the little store tucked away in a quiet street of the lovely 9th arrondissement in Paris, not far away from the metro station Anvers (Montmartre). I arrived there and entered a little interior gem packed in a small store. Despite the small space, every corner, every detail was carefully arranged and displayed - from the first glance I knew that a styling expert is responsible for the appealing look of the little store. And I was right!





Just upon my arrival the owner, Jean Dange, a designer and interior stylist, greeted me with the words 'we know each other from Instagram, right?'. It felt very cool to catch up on our Instagram conversation in real life and get a better understanding of what lies behind this little treasure called 'Curiosity'. I learned that Jean opened his store in addition to his professional career as he loves carefully selected interior pieces, vintage findings and styling in general - this not only drives his creativity but also makes his customers happy. 



Another great fact is that Jean redecorates his store every quarter. And by redecorating I don't mean he changes colour and moves the sofa from left to right. But he changes the entire theme in the store and swaps the entire product range available. This makes 'Curiosity' a fabulous interior address to return again and again. Well guess what, I've put a note in my traveling calendar for a new visit as of October, when a new theme will welcome its customers in 'Curiosity'.

If you happen to be in Paris or travel to Paris soon and you love interior decoration, I strongly recommend a little visit to 'Curiosity' - you won't leave the store empty-handed. I certainly did not.

Curiosity Paris, 55 Rue Condorcet, 75009 Paris. Metro Anvers or Cadet.

Happy Monday!

Photography by Igor Josifovic

3 comments :

  1. What a treasure this shop must be! I'm definitely putting this one on my Paris list. Thank you for sharing this bowl-ceramic-heaven with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great place to discover when in Paris, Lisa! And I know the rough theme for October - definitely something you'd love!

      Delete
  2. What an interesting place, I would love to visit ! Lovely!

    https://esrscreatives.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...