Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Why This Room Caught My Eye


I almost feel like I have to apologize for picking yet another bedroom shot for today's blog series (you remember last week's fab bedroom), but when my friend Dabito of Old Brand New styles and photographs an interior you can most certainly assume it catches my eye big time. And yes, it was exactly what happened when I saw his latest post - and here it is so that you know what I am swooning about:
  • Art Collection: Art always catches my eye. Especially when it is a quirky and unique collection. Here an abstract painting meets a nude meets a natural motive. Instant eye-catcher!
  • Yellow Desk Lamp: Yellow as a colour is the most effective when used as a highlight, as a colour to pop. Just like in this case. The desk lamp with its bright yellow cubic lampshade caught my eye immediately. And secretly I am happy because I have a very similar vintage desk lamp at home.
  • Indigo Throw: One of my favorite hues that not only speaks a visual story but has lots of history to tell. In fact, I am currently reading a book called 'Indigo - Egyptian Mummies to Blue Jeans' which tells the story of this fantastic natural hue.
How do you like this bedroom? Love or loathe?

Photography & styling by Dabito / Old Brand New

2 comments :

  1. And plants... you forgot those plants ;-) I'm sure that they caught your eye. It's all a bit too off-centre for me ;-) But I have no doubt that many people will love the space. Quite bohemian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little bits of sun are a nice touch. :) The bed looks so comfy and I think I spy some donkey tails on that nearly perfect round table. To me, round tables make things look that much more warm and cozy. All in all very cheerful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...