Thursday, July 31, 2014

Book Review: The House Gardener




As an avid 'Urban Jungle Blogger' I was very impatient to get my fingers on the latest book of London based author Isabelle Palmer, 'The House Gardener'. After her successful first book 'The Balcony Gardener' (I reviewed it HERE), the new book focuses on small-space gardening in interiors. Small-space gardening? Interiors? I think this book has my name all over it! 



'The House Gardener' is all about innovative ways to display your houseplants and unexpected, creative plant arrangements. The author structures her book in various project chapters: Enclosed in Glass, Hanging Gardens, Old Finds and Just Outside. These chapters are followed by a comprehensive basics section with great tips on which plants to choose for your home and lifestyle, different planting techniques and tips on plant care. While going through the book I had to bookmark a few projects that really caught my eye. And I really loved the 'Top 10 House Gardening Tips' - very helpful for urban gardeners like myself!


'The House Gardener' was published by CICO is available online or from all good bookshops. For my German readers here's a hint: The German version will be launched in September by DVA publishing and can be preordered HERE.

I hope you enjoyed this little book review. I can recommend the book to any 'Urban Jungle Blogger' out there. If you love plants and indoor gardening, this books offers a great selection of ideas how to display and arrange your plants. And it is suitable for all kind of levels - for beginners as well as for more advanced urban gardeners. 

Happy reading & planting everyone!

Photography by Igor Josifovic


7 comments :

  1. Looks great :) Those pictures are really nice and it seems like this book has got that special feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monika and the book is a great source of inspiration if you love houseplants and like to style them up:-)

      Delete
  2. The perfect book for us Urban Jungle Bloggers! And so lovely to see your Monstera is growing a fresh new leaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Judith! And that was also the reason why I took a pic of my monstera:-) So happy whenever I see a new leaf growing!! And the book is really lovely indeed!

      Delete
  3. This book has the 'Urban Jungle Blogger' vibe written all over it - no wonder you wanted it! I'm going to look for it the next time I visit a bookshop.

    PS. That vase in the third photo … I think it should be mine! I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. You're killing me with your Mexican throw, killing me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...