Reinterpreting our homes is a sort of catharsis. Some kind of rebirth. Yes, a 'decor renaissance'. We change, accentuate, de-clutter, add details - and all of this is a visualization of our inner feelings. Ok, you might roll your eyes now and think 'why this psycho-crap'? I am just trying to decode the enigmatic force that ignites that restless drive to decorate our dwellings. After all, we are no superficial shopaholics remotely controlled by a vicious consume machinery, are we?
Think of your last decoration endeavour at home. What did you do? And what was the real driver of this undertaking? And trust me: it's never the first answer that comes to your mind! But enough said here, I could go this week with the following five treasures for a bit of home happiness:
1. The amazing vintage rug would be a real eye-catcher on a wooden floor. Seen on Artilleriet.
2. This fruit calendar from Anthropologie has to be mine. Love, love, love!
3. Pair a colourful lampshade with a differently coloured cord. Result: Visual happiness. On Coloured By you can customize your own design.
4. How about a handmade and fair trade Ghana basket? Seen on Baskets of Africa.
5. The happiest packaging tape ever - seen on Impressionen.
Happy hump day, friends!