Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Why This Room Caught My Eye


It's times like this when I crave a little interior cocoon to crawl back and unwind. Currently I am in the middle of what feels like a dozen projects simultaneously and all I want in fact is jump through my laptop screen into this interior - a relaxed lounge corner, light flooded, with a jungle vibe. Take me there, please! But why did this room catch my eye in particular? Let's break it down:
  • Dusky Pink Settee: Pink is not my colour normally, but this dusky hue really catches my eye. The relaxed style paired with white wood looks like a very inviting corner to unwind, read a bit, sip a cup of tea and daydream away.
  • Urban Jungle: Bringing the outside inside is a big favorite of mine - this looks like a perfect example of how to bring the wild nature into your home. And I know that plants help us to relax and lower our stress level. Create your own urban jungle!
  • Exposed Brick: I really like the look of an exposed brick wall - it is a wonderful backdrop for a cool, urban loft look. It also makes the softer hues and textures pop out when placed in front of exposed brick.
So, who's ready to have a cup of tea with me in this relaxed corner?

Photography by Leslie Santarina via sfgirlbybay.com

2 comments :

  1. This room is amazing! The interior is really unique and relaxing on the eyes. The dusky pink settee, urban jungle, and exposed brick definitely complement each other and makes it a perfect relaxed corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. Igor I love it too. Have always wanted an exposed brick wall for reasons you mentioned. While I'm not a pink person, the dusty pink w/ the greyish brick and urban jungle (which I also LOVE!) green are all very delicious together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...