Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Why This Room Caught My Eye


Yesterday I was rushing after work to a fabulous book store here in Munich which happens to be just in my neighborhood. It is one of the coolest and nicest book stores in town - it is called Literatur Moths if you ever happen to be here in town - and I went there to buy a birthday present for one of my Parisian friends. Anyways, while I was browsing the store I found at least three books that I wanted for myself - but I hesitated: I have a huge pile of books yet to be read on my sideboard! 

Why am I boring you with my book shopping story? Because it made me think of reading nooks in homes. When you have a spacious home, it is wonderful to have a dedicated reading nook where you could unwind with your favorite books after a long day or on rainy weekends. Maybe a little bit like this beautiful reading nook that caught my eye today - these are the reasons:
  • Large Houseplant: As an Urban Jungle Blogger I love plants. They look great and they make your home a healthy place - so placing one next to your reading nook is an excellent idea!
  • Bertoia Diamond Chair: This design classic is always a highlight. However, I wonder how comfortable the chair is. Probably not the best solution for a reading nook, but I might be wrong. My recommendation for a reading chair is THIS one.
  • Leather Pouf: This Moroccan leather pouf adds so much character to this little nook with its warm hue and soft texture. Perfect to rest your feet while reading!
Do you have a reading nook at home? Any tips for a great reading nook? Let me know!

Photography via Grey and Scout

3 comments :

  1. Nice and inviting reading area, the diamond chair is amazing! Most important thing for a great reading nook seems to me the right, cozy lightning. Unfortunately, I only have the time for reading when it's dark outside... Still searching for the perfect lamp. greetings, Tanja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point, Tanja! If I had a dedicated reading nook, my lamp of choice would be the Pull Floor Lamp from Muuto. I love it simple, Scandinavian look and the lampshade is adjustable to the needed height. Perfect for a reading nook!

      Delete
    2. Dear Igor,
      wow, this one looks perfect! Thanks for recommending. Have a nice afternoon! Greetings to munich, Tanja

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...