Friday, June 20, 2014

Art Crush: Decorating Your Walls With Lumitrix


According to my love for illustrations, photography and any other wall art, I should live in a palace with an abundance of free wall space to decorate and redecorate. Alas, reality tells another story. The story of very limited wall space and a pile of framed wall art stored in a corner of my apartment. However, nothing could hold me back to add one amazing piece of art photography to my abode - a large photo of Bondi Beach by Australian photographer Louisa Seton, exclusively sold on Lumitrix.

The atmospheric photography simulates an airy feeling and seems to emanate a light sea breeze and salty ocean mist. This incredibly calming vibe seems not to be disturbed by the numerous bathers populating the famous beach - to the contrary. The juxtaposition of a lively beach scene with an almost elusive atmosphere has a strong visual power - it fascinates me day in, day out.


When I received the art print from Lumitrix I had to decide on the proper framing (but you can also order any photography framed). My choice was a light, thin wooden frame made of beech to complement the airy photography. And I had to decide on the appropriate place to mount it. Since my space is limited, the choice was quickly made. I decided to add it to my bedroom nook thus creating a light, sea inspired bedroom atmosphere (well, I happened to have the ideal bedlinen to colour match the photography).

Lumitrix's motto is 'see, love, frame' - and it basically rounds-up my personal experience. Their mission is to offer fine art photography at an affordable price tag - currently most of their fine art photographies are available for 50 pounds each, as numbered editions of 500. However, as of coming week, Lumitrix will be launching a fine art range with more collectable pieces and different sizes including a wider price span. So if you have been looking for that very beautiful fine art photography to adorn your home, look no further: Lumitrix is a fab source with a great selection and quick delivery. 

Happy decorating & happy weekend!


Photography by Igor Josifovic, other images by Lumitrix
This blog post has been brought to you in collaboration with Lumitrix

9 comments :

  1. Looks cool! As for the wall space, sometimes I wonder if I should start decorating also the external walls ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not! Let me know if you start your decorating project:-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the introduction, Igor. I have been browsing the website and I have found a few photos that I really like. I like the one you picked for your wall and also all the Dave Watts pieces.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy you liked them Lisa! I'm really happy with my art piece, it's really great and a visual feast! Happy weekend my friend!

      Delete
  3. Hey Igor - I absolutely love that print you've picked, and I agree that it's almost soothing even though it is busy. Great:) Happy weekend my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you had me at the horse! L O V E it! Jocelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, just love your wall decoration. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smar Das
    Awesome wall art .. I love such type all art....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...