Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Why This Room Caught My Eye


Ok, when I saw this room on Pinterest I had an instant smile on my face. I'd say this room immediately passed the interior happiness exam, right? Of course the lovely dog might have played a major role, but I will keep the cute dog out of my further examination as I don't want to consider him as a styling factor. 

Well where to start? The entire composition of this room is incredibly coherent, inviting and cosy. The colour scheme is calm and inspired by nature, the few pops of colour stand out vividly, a small selection of carefully curated décor objects enhances the entire styling. But let me break it down into three main eye-catching factors:
  • Photography & Art: The first thing that caught my eye were the large scale photography hanging on the wall and the painted portrait of a man. Both strike with a calm and balanced colour range and seem to set the tone for the entire room as they perfectly tie in with the sand coloured sofa.
  • Vibrant Cushions: The next eye-catcher are the vibrantly coloured and patterned throw cushions on the left side. They add a fabulous colour injection and seem to connect the hair colour of the man's portrait as well as the dip-dyed mug on the coffee table.
  • Nature Inspiration: The combination of the large photography wall art, the sofa and its colour, the use of wood - all this creates the immediate imagination of nature and how it has inspired this home. I imagine that this home is somewhere on the coast. But maybe it is just an idea I got from the nature inspired interior styling of this beautiful living room.
Would this room catch your eye too? And if so, what is the most outstanding factor for you?

Photography via Pinterest / Design*Sponge

10 comments :

  1. Das Regal hiner der Couch ist auch schön als Ablagefläche und dann diese schöne Lampe, das Glasdings mit der Pflanze drin und die niedrige Schale drauf ... hat mir auch gefallen. Den Hund habe ich übrigens vor lauter Kissen erst gar nicht wahrgenommen und als ich deinen Post gelesen habe, musste ich erst mal gucken: Hund? Was für'n Hund??? Haha, der geht ja da farbmäßig etwas unter. ;)
    Viele liebe Grüße
    Jule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Du bist ja verrückt LOL Den Hund hab ich ziemlich schnell entdeckt obwohl ich Dir recht gebe, farblich geht er fast ein wenig unter:-)

      Delete
  2. I love the couch ... it's seems so comfortable! ;)
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the art, it really stands out - just perfect! And check out that dog, how comfy does that little guy look?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree with you - the art was the very first eye-catcher, even before the dog. But that is due to the fact that the dog blends in to the colour of the blanket so he is not so obvious at the very first sight:-)

      Delete
  4. I love this photo. It´s beatiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seeing this photo as well and thinking there was so much to love in that space. It feels warm without being heavy in any way. I don't do heavy-warm very well. That photograph on the wall makes it extra special, and I really like the wall paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good additional point, Lisa! The wall paint is just fantastic - I forgot to mention it. I love the light grey with a slight dash of blue in it. Perfect backdrop!

      Delete
  6. I like the way cushions matches with the portrait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...