Monday, March 10, 2014

From Place To Space: Asplund In Stockholm



I assume I have stretched your patience to the max with my Scandinavian posts, haven't I? Well, you must forgive me for one more - promised last - time. During my design bloggers tour at the Stockholm Design Week I had the pleasure to discover one more fantastic Swedish interiors brand that I didn't know up to then - much to my shame I have to say! The introduction to Asplund was a 'first sight - first win' kind of situation. We went to their inspiring showroom and store in downtown Stockholm where we were welcomed by Sandra Asplund, creative director at Asplund, and a group of designers who worked on the latest collection. They prepared a relaxed Mediterranean dinner in the showroom for us and we had the unique opportunity to chat with them and get to know more about the brand and its latest collection. I was taken away. Why? Well see for yourself!



First and foremost: Asplund is a leading Swedish design and interior company and has been founded back in 1989 by the brothers Thomas and Michael Asplund and the company is deeply rooted in its Swedish heritage. Their wide range of furniture and home accessories are designed in collaboration with celebrated Swedish and international designers. That's the case with the brand new Asplund Collection 2014 named 'Captured by Nature'




The new collection celebrates the grace of nature's great materials and the pride of supreme handicraft. The use of natural materials, the focus on sustainability and a cutting-edge design approach are the main features of the new collection - with the nature being the main inspiration. One of the hottest pieces was a first prototype of the new 'Besson Series' cabinet featuring a thin shell made of different materials such as brass, glass, wood and frames various volumes that can serve for many purposes - in a living room, in a dining room or in a (home) office. I also loved the new 'Nati Tati' nightstand with marble top and many other beautiful pieces. But before I bore you with details, have a look at the pictures and get more details on Asplund's website! Plus, if you are in a shopping mood now, be aware that Asplund has an online store, too.

Hope you enjoyed this little (and last for a while) excursion to Stockholm. Happy new week everybody!

Photography by Riikka Kantinkoski and Igor Josifovic

10 comments :

  1. Hi Igor,
    I love the Scandinavian style, so I don´t have any problem with another nordic post. I like the new Asplund collection, and I still like the drawer SNOW very much (it is already a design classic). And they have beautiful carpets.
    Viele Grüße
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anke for your feedback!! Now do you understand my shock that I didn't know this brand?? They have so many nice designs and I just didn't know it:-) I noticed their carpets and rugs too - very tempting indeed! Lieben Gruß!

      Delete
  2. Hadn't heard of Asplund either myself until our evening there Igor. Such a wonderful design store & I love these great images. Of course my one bad memory of that evening was first arriving at Asplund, absolutely soaked through, feeling a mess and being greeted by the rather glamorous Sandra. I was mortified!

    I loved the Besson Series most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I remember that! The second disturbing memory might have been the caged Kay Bojesen monkey, no? Poor thing although I thought he looked pretty content in his glamorous glass home. Truth be told, it was a fantastic evening loaded with design inspiration, good food and interesting talks. Loved it!

      Delete
  3. Lovely stuff indeed - I know of these guys, so cool. I absolutely adore the table setting - and those amazing flowers. Happy happy Monday xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous … I love the chaise, cushions and shelving unit in the backdrop in the first picture. I haven't heard of this name before so thank you for sharing - I'm going to take a look at their website now! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, one more post! Had to laugh at Gerard's comment.

    It's nice to discover new brands and it looks great. Glad to hear you think the Monkey was ok:-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, ich hab mich mal sofort in ein paar Sachen schockverliebt! Die Küche ist ja auch mega schön..nur mal so am Rande. ;-) Habe mal sofort kontrolliert, ob die auch nach Deutschland liefern..tun sie! Da wandert jetzt einiges auf die Wunschliste! Toller Tipp, Igor! Danke!
    Sonnige Grüße, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freut mich, dass Dir Asplund genau so gut gefällt, wie mir, Kathy. Und ja, die liefern nach Deutschland - ich hab auch schon das eine oder andere Stück auf meiner Einkaufsliste! Happy weekend!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...