Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy Guest: Dab It Yourself!




Hi everyone! I'm Dabito from Old Brand New and I'm thrilled to be filling in for Igor today. I just wanted to share some quick and dirty tips on painting planters, poufs and old paintings you already own to give your home an updated look without spending a fortune.

With planters, I like to use Rust-Oleum paint. I love the drip effect so I paint around it and dab a little extra paint in certain spots to allow the drip to happen.


For poufs, I use interior paint. I got the poufs from Ikea and you can use it to hang it on the wall, for sitting, or even stack a few to create a nightstand. 


And finally, for paintings, I've been going to thrift stores to find old paintings that are perfectly mounted and framed. And then I just paint over it an make it my own. 

I hope you find these tips inspiring. Have fun dabbing it yourself! Sweet thanks to Igor for having me over.

Photography by Dabito / Old Brand New

12 comments :

  1. Great little diy tips, I especially like the drip-paint planter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tips are definitely helping to create a happy interior. Thanks for sharing them with us!
    xxx
    Elodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple little tips to create fun and add colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I really enjoy following @dabito on IG and love the tip about thrifting well mounted & framed painting for customization :) Thanks Dabito & Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to update otherwise boring planters and give them a new lease of life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice tips here! Hopping over to your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of painting over an old painting! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dabito-nice to meet you Here! Lovely post-and ideas that are close to my heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely interior design. I am an artist. That was very very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I landed here via the black and white painting. Funny, just yesterday I finished a black and white abstract painting of my own, using framed art I had purchased at a thrift shop. I scooped it up for $4 when I saw the gold professional frame. I have a couple other with different colored frames and different sizes, but any time I come across a nice professional metal simple frame at a thrift shop, I'm on it. To create my art, I removed the frame, painted right over the glass, then reassembled the frame. Now it's ready to hang on the wall. I am stoked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks amazing getting old pics and putting your own painting touch on it is great. The white walls help enhance the beautiful natural lighting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...