Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DesignTrade Copenhagen: My Booth Styling



Last Sunday I arrived back from Copenhagen, but the ideas, inspiration and memories swirl in my head incessantly. There is still more to tell and show you, but today I want to use the opportunity to show you my booth styling as part of the 'Bloggers Zone' at the DesignTrade fair in Copenhagen. All nine international bloggers were asked to style their own booth with furniture and home accessories from the exhibitors and the result was fabulous as every blogger showcased his very own personality and approach to styling.

Before heading to Copenhagen, I had spent a few evenings thinking of the styling. I had a rough idea, a  colour scheme and after a few more mental loops I broke it down to one theme - 'Nordic Coastal'. Fun side fact: Just after we all finished our stylings last Tuesday, we were taken on a sailboat to cruise the coast off Copenhagen. I not only styled a 'Nordic Coastal' living nook, I also experienced the real nordic coastal feeling in the very same afternoon.


With the theme in mind I started collecting furniture pieces and accessories from various brands. Here is what I got: Bookcase 'Reol' (means bookcase by the way) by Marcus Kai Nielsen of the young design collective 'Nye Streger'; 'About A Lounge' chair and box by HAY; Sputnik coffee table by Magnus Olesen; vases, candles, jars, plaid and round cushion on the chair by Broste Copenhagen; blue glasses and grey and blue cushions by Tine K Home; blue rug by Rug Solid; Copenhagen poster by Ferm Living; patterned round cushion by Place de Bleu; mint cups and grey vase by Kähler; other props by myself. 

After lots of placing, shuffling, pondering, wondering, and hesitating, I felt like it is fine and represents pretty much my personality and current style love. I hope you like it, too.

Thanks again to all exhibitors supporting me and thanks to the DesignTrade for a fabulous 'Bloggers Zone'.

Photography by Igor Josifovic and full booth shots by Riikka Kantinkoski

21 comments :

  1. Hi Igor,

    Your booth looks awesome! Peaceful and you can almost feel the breeze. Very nice job, also that you had the opportunity to experience your own theme ! You inspire me to visit Copenhagen. Great styling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Johan and I can really recommend a trip to Copenhagen! It's a vibrant city!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful ... very soft hues and this summer fresh feeling that makes us feel SO good :-) Love you booth. You did a great styling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci my dear! Glad you like my coastal inspired styling! It reminds me always of the soothing power of the sea and ocean.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic Igor!!!!! wonderful!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handsome shot of you, and enormously stylish booth - <3 <3 <3 and still gutted I never managed to come and see you, so close - yet again!! Next time,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful styling. You have captured it perfectly!
    I visited the Baltics for the first time this May and loved it.
    Happy I discovered your blog.

    My best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Igor! The colors are so relaxing and we want to see more of your boat trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lieber Igor,

    danke gleichfalls - ich fand´s schön Dich kennen gelernt zu haben und finde Dich sehr sympathisch! Du lebst die Happiness Deines Blogs, das spürt man richtig, wie ich finde, und habe das auch an Deinem tollen Stand gespürt.Toll!

    Schön, dass es Dir in Kopenhagen gefallen hat und bis bald in Essen?

    Alles Liebe


    Amalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, ich freu mich auf das Wiedersehen!! Danke Dir für die netten Worte!

      Delete
  8. What a lovely theme, still very Scandinavian and then again quite new. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully done! love the serene, sophisticated, and relaxed color palette + overall design aesthetic. The booth is filled with visual candies and lots of textile interests. The layering and I particularly love the tapes on arts ... so chic!

    Bravo Igor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really wonderful styling Igor. So lucky to get the opportunity to style your own area for the show. Love the colours you have chosen. It really feels fresh and coastal. Great design objects too. Have a happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. no doubt about the happyinteriorblog you are an awesome thread designer, those are the quality and nice design...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My good styling neighbour. All looks wonderful in pictures. And I like that bookcase ;-) Great theme too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the About A Lounge' chair from HAY Design. We visited DesignTrade last week in Kopenhagen. We will sell them soon at Mikkili online design.

    http://www.mikkili.com/home-accessories/catalog/hay-design-shop/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great great job! I love the colours so much - this refreshing cool blues and greys. All fab items too - hello Reol !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice nice nice and very much you :)
    I loved hanging around in Copenhagen with you and the others.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks incredible! Well done, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  17. netral tone of blue, grey, white: rilex, inspiring and so chic. i like....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...