Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Design Walk In London


The British Week on Happy Interior Blog continues. Today I'd like to make you feel the 'design pulse' of one of London's super popular neighbourhoods, Notting Hill. During the 'Meet the Blogger' conference in London I was very happy to join the fabulous design walk organised by the impeccable London coinnesseur Tina Bernstein.

Above all I want to thank Tina for the decent starting time - 1 p.m. was just about acceptable for a morning grouch like moi. Just in time we flocked around our style sheppard in the Tom Dixon store at the Docks and followed her along like a little chicken family all the way through Notting Hill and Portobello district.

Our next stop over were the vintage stores Phoenix on Golborne and Les Couilles du Chien - realy treasure troves for vintage loving hearts. We wandered along, passed by the cool and urban Pizza East restaurant with its weathered blue Tolix chairs (snap, snap) and arrived at the fabulous and colourful Pedlars boutique. Free coffee to warm our hands and bodies, a healthy dose of vibrant colours to please our eye and super friendly staff who introduced us to the store's concept and product lines. We loved it!
Warmed up and already loaded with shopping bags, we continued our design tour to yet another highlight, Ceramica Blue. If you love ceramics then this is the place to stop and shop! The shop owner was super friendly and offered an extra 15 % discount so I couldn't help it but add yet another shopping bag to my lugagge.

SCP was our next stop - the big and bright streetside store with lots of design classics was another visual highlight. Fibreglass Eames chairs in retro colours, soft and fluffy sofas in green and blue, Donna Wilson cushions and String wall units made us think about travelling back home with bulky lugagge. Yet another presentation of the store's philosophy, concept and product range gave us valuable insights into SCP. Chapeau!

Last but not least, we visited the headquarters of made.com. Their showroom on the 9th floor revealed stunning sights everywhere - the London skyline all around and fabulous sofas, coffee tables, chairs in the showroom itself. A young and dynamic team welcomed us with bubbles and snacks and a little tour made me almost click on the order button on my iPad - but alas, they do not deliver to Germany. Yet. I'll stay tuned.

With this post I am signing off till next Wednesday my friends. I am off to a little design & holiday trip. You know, I need more content for my upcoming 'From Place To Space' post so stay tuned. If you want to see where I am heading to later today, follow me on Instagram for on-the-go snaps in a new metropolis.

Big hugs to everyone!

Photography by Igor Josifovic

18 comments :

  1. Looks like you guys had a wonderful and colorful design tour! Really like those color dipped mugs by Ceramica... Happy travels, Igor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought one of them with a matching bowl:-) oh and they are made in France;-)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great tour - I was so sorry to miss it but have 3 kids and it was Mother's day. Maybe I should review my priorities! Thanks for sharing Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toll! Da wäre ich auch gern dabei gewesen!
    Viele Grüße nach München
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I didn't set the time.... You a morning grouch?

    Love the description of 'little chicken family'..... so glad you enjoyed the shops along the tour.
    It was cold but fun and a complete pleasure to herd you guys through Portobello and Notting Hill!

    Can't wait to see where you're heading.... no doubt you'll have a great time:-) Bisous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day Tina organised and fab photos sweeti. Have a wonderful trip-look forward to seeing the photos! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone looks so cold! (I'm writing this from Australia). What a fabulous tour love the colour and the beautiful photos, especially the one of the flowers in the lovely white jugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos! Wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looked like fun, my excitement levels would of been positively raised had I been able to join the fun. I love all these little shops and stores like these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fab walk - what a fab weekend,
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Να υποθέσω οτι γύρισεςμε γεμάτη βαλίτσα!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so much fun and fab photos! I love those "dip dyed" cups, the fresh blooms, and the fun ABC sign! Mr. Will just have to be so bright all the time doesn't he? Love his pants!

    Have a great trip ... you know I am super jealous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. great write up and photos Igor. I still have so much content to share about that weekend. London is really one of my favourite destinations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool London walking Mr Happy. Well curated indeed by Ms Colourliving. And hope you've been enjoying your trip wherever you're at! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are wonderful, you've captured the aesthetic of each shop well. That picture of me made me laugh. It's a doctor thing to hold my chin when I'm deeply concentrating ;) Hope you had a good holiday. Enjoyed following you on instagram - the food, the restaurants..... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those rusted blue chairs on the walk-way -- AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely photos! thanks for sharing your story, its really amazing. Looking forward some more stories from you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...