Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bemz Design Award 2014: Vote Now!


End of January I was invited by Bemz to participate as part of the German national jury for the Bemz Design Award 2014. I was very honored and happy to be sitting next to an editor of Elle Decoration Germany and of the online interiors community 'So Leb Ich' and look through more than 80 design submissions by young talented textile designers from across the country. And now it's your turn to cast your vote HERE for:

1. Marlen Mästele from the Reutlingen University




2. Caroline Bermes from the Trier University of Applied Sciences 

3. Barbara Regus from the Hof University of Applied Sciences 


The task was pretty difficult: We had to look through more than 1.200 slides of presentations, read the student's inspirations, look at the designs, make shortlists and discuss it. Eventually we managed to break it down to three German finalists that are very different from each other which I love in particular. Only one of the German finalists will go through to the big international final with design submissions from Sweden, France and the UK.

It is up to you now to vote for your favorites until February 28th, 2014. You can vote HERE - not only will you help a creative young textile designer to win the Bemz Design Award, but you will also qualify to win a one-of-a-kind designer bed make-over by Bemz worth 880 €.

Join in and cast your vote - I count on you my design-savvy readers!


Photography via Bemz

P.S. The usual Tuesday series 'Why This Room Caught My Eye' will be back next week!

15 comments :

  1. Oh wow, die Designs sehen toll aus! Ich kann mir vorstellen, wie schwierig es für euch gewesen ist, wenn ich mich jetzt hier noch nicht mal entscheiden kann. :-)
    Liebe Grüße, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Das stimmt allerdings, Kathy! Aber ich bin ziemlich happy mit den drei deutschen Finalistinnen - die haben sich echt Mühe gegeben und richtig tolle Designs entworfen! Hoffe, Du findest Deinen Favoriten und stimmst mit ab:-) Danke Dir!

      Delete
  2. Such a nice coincidence: today my new Bemz mattrass cover arrived in the mail! I really like the quality (and stripes!). I just voted for some of these new designs. It must have been tough to choose from so many entries, but I really liked the German choices, especially the trompe l'oeil wrinked design by Barbara Regus. The blue one by Marlen Mästele would look so good in your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear! Well I guess you can see that I was involved in the selection - blue, plants, origami like design, all my favorites that I admire!

      Delete
  3. Three ladies as finalists? Go girls! ;-)
    This must have been very interesting, being on the national jury.

    I'm off to cast my secret vote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can´t make a decision... they all are VERY good. Clap my hands, go German design, goooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe #3 is pretty commercial. #2 could be interesting taking into consideration, indoor gardening and greenery is a huge movement. But I'd go for #1 because it reminds me of watercolor painting and I love the subtleness of it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gudy!! This is AMAZING! You almost mentioned all facts that we stated during the decision process as a jury! WOW!

      Delete
  6. I really like the first one- the style, the patterns, the colors- beautiful simplicity. And the second one is really impressive and very unique, I especially love the black illustration- so enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adoring Marlen's work & designs! In my home please! now let's vote ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. after much scrolling up and down, I would have to go with the design by Caroline Bermes (#2), because the longer you look at it the more interesting the details become.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Μα τι φοβερα σχέδια!

    http://www.beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...