Monday, September 15, 2014

From Place To Space: Totokaelo In Seattle





As an avid traveler I have lots of things on my itineraries when visiting new countries and cities. One of the must-visits are local design shops with inspiring and unique home accessories and design pieces. During my last trip to Seattle one of those design stores on my itinerary was 'Totokaelo'. This cool store with its peculiar name holds a fantastic range of special and unique homewares and an extended range of fashion. 




Japanese textiles, locally made ceramics, vintage rugs, design books - the range of products is very inspiring and makes it very difficult to leave the store empty-handed. If you like to pair your interior decor shopping with some fashion shopping, you just have to enter the rear part or the basement of the store - various design labels and cool pieces will satisfy your fashion loving heart too.






Even though I was in a bit of a rush while visiting 'Totokaelo' (I was on my way to Mount Rainier), I couldn't help but snap a few pictures for you my dear readers. And if you ever happen to visit the fantastic emerald city of Seattle, don't miss a stop over at 'Totokaelo' - you will not regret it!

Totokaelo, 1523 10th Avenue, Seattle

Photography by Igor Josifovic

12 comments :

  1. Πω πω παπούτσια!
    Η πολυθρόνα με το stool για τα πόδια τελεια ;)

    Have a wonderful week dearest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a beautiful store with unique curated products. I especially like the chair. Back to the office this week? Good luck on going through the e-mailbox that probably exploded while you were in Berlin :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fab design store Louise! And yes I'm back to the office and fighting my way through heaps of emails:-)

      Delete
  3. A beautiful store space in itself, the ceramics and home collections in general are really to my liking!
    Wonderful choice & pictures Igor. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's right up your alley, Iro! Very stylish, very unpretentious, very sleek:-)

      Delete
  4. Oh, da hast du mal wieder eine Perle entdeckt, Igor. Ich habe schon Flügel bestellt, vielleicht lerne ich ja doch noch fliegen :-)
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures. Sometimes I wonder if the place itself looks as fab as the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there no end to these fabulous home accessories stores on the West Coast?!! I definitely could see myself spending some time in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great space and I love the vivid natural light most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could go to town in here, what a stunning store. Especially love that terrarium!
    www.loveleehome.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...