Monday, December 17, 2012

Xmas Special: Baking At A Friend's Place



Happy new week my friends! As you see, today is a Monday off the beaten path - I am taking you today very local: Join me on my Christmas cookies baking session at my friend Claudia's home in Munich. A sort of very personal 'From Place To Space' if you want so. Last weekend a few friends of mine gathered at Claudia's home for some fun Christmas cookies baking and I've decided to cover that fun day for my blog and share it with you.


What I love about the advent time here in Munich is that I tend to spend more time with my friends during this period. Mostly, we take the Christmas markets as an excuse to meet up, but Christmas cookies baking is as good as an excuse, too. So while it was snowing outside, we were baking four different cookies: simple cookies, German traditional 'Bethmännchen' (the round cookies with almond halves), 'Angel eyes' (the cookies with the raspberry jelly in the middle) and Nutella sandwich cookies. If you're still up for some Christmas baking, find all recipes linked by clicking on the names. Oh a little tip: Make sure you squeeze in a little champagne break to keep the spirits high!


As I clicked away with my camera, I felt like I could spice up the blog post with a few snapshots of my friend's abode. Her home is very lived-in and authentic, it is absolutely like my friend Claudia: a tad chaotic, feminine, playful, warm and welcoming. I love her mix of mid-century finds, flea market goodies, Ikea basics and tchotchkes from her travels - all added together into a very personal home style.


Have you been baking for the holidays already? 

Photography by Igor Josifovic


20 comments :

  1. Lovely Igor, but makes me feel guilty. We haven't baked yet and Gabriel asks every day as he wants to be a chef!! Lovely shots. Thanks a million for my wonderful lavender sachet too. What a lovely gift! Happy week!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have some time to go for it, Caroline:-) Oh and I am so glad the sachet arrived from Paris! Hugs & happy week!

      Delete
  2. its actually quite refreshing to see a home so lived in and loved, i think sometimes as bloggers we have a tendency to over edit our homes to make them look good, but this home really show the character of its owner, reminds me of those little Paumes books, you know the ones I mean? Homes like this are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Samantha! Oh and yes, I know the fabulous Paumes books. I am actually planning on buying one or two in Paris...

      Delete
  3. All the cookies were nicely prepared; I especially love that “angel eyes” cookie with raspberry jelly in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Δεν υπάρχει καλυτερο απο τα μαγειρευεις με φιλους!
    Τι ομορφη συσκευασια που εχει η ζαχαρη!!!!
    Εχει πλάκα που το σπιτι -αν και χριστουγεννα- εχει Hawaiian υφος.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exeis dikio! I fili mou pige sto Hawaii to perasmeno xeimona ki etsi ebale ligo apo to Hawaiian yfos sto diamerisma tis:-)

      Delete
  5. Hi! Yes!! I've been baking some of my favourite cakes, carrot and pumpkin... I know they sound more halloween cakes but, for me, the smell of cinnamon and ginger is also Christmas!
    Isabella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with these either!! I don't think there is a rule to baking, right? We can do whatever we fancy:-)

      Delete
  6. WOW Igor!!You are very taleded my friend!!How cute cookies!!!I really don't have it(the baking)!!!So i admire you!!!:)
    xxx
    Elli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post dear Igor! The cookies look so delicious and how fun to get a glimpse into Claudia's awesome space ;)

    Xx. Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo!! I haven't been baking just yet (shame on me!) but once I'm stateside I'll be making my famous brownies (with a touch of peppermint)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see lots of cookies!! Wow!! You are very good! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm yum! These cookies look tasty and so does your friends home! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your sweet comments - they are even sweeter than my cookies:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, you guys made SO MANY cookies! At least you secured a sweet & delicious holiday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, we also did some Christmas cookie baking at our friends home, and they turned out...hmmmm, I would say,the good this is, they didn't poisoned anybody. :) One dough was even without sugar. :/ But hey, we had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys were productive in the kitchen! It sounds and looks like you had a wonderful day with your friends.

    It's funny, your friend reminds me of a friend of mine back home in Iceland. The photo with the vanity + mirror could have been taken in my friend's home ;-)

    PS. I hope you'll like The Hobbit as much as we did ... and overdosing on sushi is goooooood.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cookies. I wish I had made some for the holidays.

    They look so good.


    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...